SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#277724 - 12/16/09 05:00 PM another great korg PA1X demo
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
http://www.youtube.com/user/jimlefreak#p/u/7/sUvKMUDTzlc

This guy is really good and the korg sounds great especially the organs and the distortion guitar

#277725 - 12/16/09 10:37 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
That was one of the better Korg demos I've heard. Almost makes me want to try one out

I thought the PA1X was 76 keys. I count 5 octaves only here.

#277726 - 12/17/09 12:40 AM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Good demo, but I must admit the PA1x is really starting to sound its age, (It Just doesn’t have the realism of a modern board) fortunately the PA2x Pro is out which really shows what Korg can do. (It may use RX technology like the PA1x, but the greater memory means they can really go to town with it)
Thanks for posting the demo

Scott
The PA1x came in 2 versions, the standard had 61 keys and inbuilt speakers, and the PA1x Pro had 76 notes with NO internal speakers.

#277727 - 12/17/09 01:39 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I just don't get this "sound" thing getting "old," "dated" etc.

If you go to a lounge and like this great pianist, do you expect the Grand he is playing to have a different sound every so often and if it doesn't you won't go to hear him play anymore.

My tenor sax sound is still the same as when I started back playing again and I get many complements. People even have the nerve to ask me to play my sax more and leave the keyboard and vocals rest a while.

I used to listen to Pete Fountain as a kid 100 years ago on TV. His sound never changed and many a clarinet player has envied his style and sound. No one has ever asked him to change his sound I bet.

I think to most people it is what and how the musician is playing a tune. If he plays bad the sound won't matter. If he plays even just average and the people like what and how he playing they will enjoy him and his music.

Spalding what you did here IMHO is great "funk" keyboard.

#277728 - 12/17/09 02:33 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Brickboo
Keyboards produce imitations of real instruments, and as technology advances they get closer to sounding like the real instrument, consequently the previous generations of sounds become old and dated.
A real instrument cannot date because it is already real.
Hope this clears up the confusion

Bill

#277729 - 12/17/09 04:37 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
People are to picky today. This PA1x Pro doesn't sound old. It sounds great.

#277730 - 12/17/09 05:08 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
We're probably picky because an MOTL arranger can sound better than a TOTL arranger of only a few years ago.

I wouldn't actually say "picky" either; more like "spoiled".

Ian

#277731 - 12/17/09 05:58 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hey Ian

Yes I couldn't find the correct word but spoiled is what I mean

#277732 - 12/17/09 08:11 PM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
124 Offline

Not forgetting, of course, Ian, that an MOTL arranger of yesteryear can sound better than a TOTL arranger of today if, IF, it's in the hands of a good player. Yes, we are spoiled for sure, but the improvement in voices is but only a part of the whole equation.

#277733 - 12/18/09 02:52 AM Re: another great korg PA1X demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Not forgetting, of course, Ian, that an MOTL arranger of yesteryear can sound better than a TOTL arranger of today if, IF, it's in the hands of a good player. Yes, we are spoiled for sure, but the improvement in voices is but only a part of the whole equation.

You make a great point, 124, and I agree with you.

I guess what I'm thinking of, is instruments like PSR-S910/S900 that basically improve the realism of playing sounds like guitar and sax and others, by the use of Super Articulation, which does much of the work for the player.

For the more regular voices, I'd say you are spot on.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online