SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#275544 - 11/10/09 10:09 AM Have now plaied the Audya and...
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
OK, so yesterday I had the chance to play the Audya, but I was only able to play it for about 40 minutes and since I am visually impaired I had to get some assistance with where the different buttons were placed and so. So that took some time.
So it wasn't that long I plaied it, but my initial comments are:
The keyboard feel was great and the entire instrument felt good in quality.
Now, about the styles.
Since the version 4 is coming maybe some of this may be fixed but I noticed a few annoying things.
On some styles after the intro was plaied one could easely hear a clip sound between the intro and the style itself. That also happened when changing variation as well as when pressing the ending button.
Have you also noticed this?
Also, when you press the start/stop button and if there is a cymbal at the beginning of the rythm it just cuts off and not finish like it does on most keyboards. But I suppose that's because of the audio loop.
Also, in many styles it wasn't much variation, like no extra base change or other things. So some styles sounded a bit boring to me.

One thing I liked was the feature that randomly put a fill when you plaied a song.
So to summerize, it wasn't that long time I plaied the Audya and i have not listened to all styles and sounds and things could improve in version 4, but over all it sounded good and live and I hope that these things could be improved with the intro and variation change.
What do you think about this?
Christian

#275545 - 11/10/09 12:20 PM Re: Have now plaied the Audya and...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
On some styles after the intro was plaied one could easely hear a clip sound between the intro and the style itself.
That also happened when changing variation as well as when pressing the ending button.
Have you also noticed this?
Also, when you press the start/stop button and if there is a cymbal at the beginning of the rythm it just cuts off and
not finish like it does on most keyboards. But I suppose that's because of the audio loop.

Thats one of the biggest downside of Audio Loops and i dont think that can be fixed. Once and Audio loop changes
to another one, from an intro to a variation on from a variation to a variation that means that audio loop is cut off by
the next one coming in and anything HEARable in that loop gets cut off in that instant, which is not the case with
MIDI loop or beat. I dont think it can be fixed, no matter how much work they can put on it unless they come up
with some new technology, since they are good with it, like the AUDYA itself...

#275546 - 11/10/09 12:55 PM Re: Have now plaied the Audya and...
leezone Offline

maybe add an extra cymbal hit (audio cymbal hit), everywhere they know there is a cymbal occurring during this change.

doesn't seem so hard to implement

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online