SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#275382 - 11/06/09 04:07 AM Arrangers for songwriting and PSR-S710 questions
kdistefano Offline

Hi,
I'm a pop/rock songwriter that is looking for a tool to help get my ideas down faster. Right now when inspiration hits I write a song in a few hours, chords and melody. However, it can take up to two weeks for me to arrange the track into something I think sounds fresh and exciting. This arranging process can be fun, but also very painful getting things to sound 'right'. Do people use arrangers in this way? In general, I've noticed most people on this board use arrangers to play other people's music (ie gigs).

Of course the down side is that I'd be 'stuck' with someone else's arrangement, and I've never really heard an arranger sound fresh and cutting edge. For a demo it should be fine though.

Anyway, I've been looking at the S710 since it fits my budget. I don't need SA voices, on board recording, video out, etc. All I'm really concerned about is the quality and quantity of pop/rock styles to help spark ideas. So can the S710 be loaded with the missing styles from the S910? How many user styles are possible in the S710? Can I save the finished song (with style parts) in the arranger to a MIDI file and import them into my computer sequencer?

Thanks!

#275383 - 11/06/09 04:48 AM Re: Arrangers for songwriting and PSR-S710 questions
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

There are thousands of styles all around. Check the sites listed at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/stylesites.htm

You can load some user styles into PSR S710; and you can have thousands of stles at a connected USB thumb drive.

Regards
Jørgen

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online