SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#274196 - 10/20/09 06:47 AM Podium Pro Speakers/korg pa800 set up
kimbol Offline

Loc: Toronto,Canada
Hi Guys
I have purchased the podium pro powered speakers 12 inch (pp1202A)I have a korg pa800 keyboard.I am using just one speaker( as a Monitor) for a weekend gig and i always like to use both the right and left audio outputs from the korg pa800 and was wondering what is the best way to hook up from my keyboard to the podium speaker.I have used these speakers before ,but i plug directly to a mixing board and used the speakers as mains,and this is the first time that i want to plug directly to the powered speaker.I did call podium pro company for some technical advise and was very surprised that they have poor tech support .They actually told me to get advise on this site ( synthzone)I needed to know what line( Line #1 or line #2) to use from the powered speaker so that i can hook up a line to the mixer board so that the sound man can get a signal from the speaker. Any help would be very appreciative.
P.S. I want to know if any members are using the same set up as me.I find that i need to add more bass or mids beacuse i find the sound coming from these speakers a little to treble sounding.I have needed to add more bass to give a more rounded sound overall.If you have any suggestions or advise on getting a good sound using these speakers and a korg pa800, i would appreciate this very much.

Thanks, John.

#274197 - 10/20/09 07:07 AM Re: Podium Pro Speakers/korg pa800 set up
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hi John, I assume you be better off inquiring on this forum which is more specifically dedicated to Korg Arrangers. Here is the link: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

#274198 - 10/20/09 07:55 AM Re: Podium Pro Speakers/korg pa800 set up
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John ... I use my Podium 10's with an alesis fx6 mixer ...when I used them in a stereo set up they sounded great ... this past week I had a small gig and used just one through the mixer and also experienced the same thing as you - a very treble, even sharp tinny, sound ... I cut down the mid range control on the speaker to the negative side and it sounded fine ...
Almost forgot - I tried using a 'Y' cable coming out of the left and right on the mixer going into the speaker ... I think I was somehow 'overloading' the speaker using this set up, because when I changed to just the left out of the mixer into the speaker it sounded much better ...
hope this helps ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-20-2009).]

#274199 - 10/20/09 08:00 AM Re: Podium Pro Speakers/korg pa800 set up
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
dble post ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-20-2009).]

#274200 - 10/20/09 08:11 AM Re: Podium Pro Speakers/korg pa800 set up
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think you'll get better results using a small mixer, with l and r to the Podiums, and monitor outs to the house.
However, I have plugged directly into the Podiums with good results. You can e.q. either with the keyboard or with the knobs on the back.
I don't have the 12s though, just the 8's.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online