Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#271562 - 09/20/09 06:54 PM Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

#271563 - 09/21/09 05:26 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Very nice.

So according to her the Tyros 3 is now a Workstation ?. Things are hardly that bad over at Yamaha that they have to start telling lies in order to confuse people.

James

#271564 - 09/21/09 05:29 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

I would say any KB that you can edit from factory settings is considered a "workstation"..

#271565 - 09/21/09 06:20 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Irishacts Offline

If people do that it will only ever end in confusion because the universally known classification of a workstation is a Synth or Rompler that comes with on-board Sequencer.

It's just the way it is and has always been.

Walking into any music store in the world and ask them to look at their workstations. You can be sure they won't bring you to the nearest Arranger Keyboard.

James

#271566 - 09/21/09 06:34 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

I feel that soon in the furture it will all be as one....Arranger/workstaion we're so close now. Might as well mled the camps and make better products for all.

#271567 - 09/21/09 06:51 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The Tyros3 is a rompler that comes with an on board sequencer(16 track), so it can be considered a "workstation"...just because it also has arranger features does not make it any less a workstation...it actually makes it far more flexible.

Same goes for PA2XPro and G70.

#271568 - 09/21/09 06:53 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Irishacts Offline

For sure that's probably where the technology will have to go to survive and adapt to the next generation, but right now the only people who have blurred the lines between Arranger and Workstation is KORG. The KORG Pa2X is as programmable as any of KORG's Flagship Workstations, and just as deep in every way when it comes to the sound engine.

Unlike Yamaha and the Tyros 3. The Tyros 3 is very crude and basic compered to a Motif. The synth engine is very shallow for custom voices, and you don't even have things like a Sampler onboard let alone even a full sequencer.

I know it's not the end of the world, I'm just say so because I thought she had a cheek of calling the Tyros a Workstation...lol...

James

#271569 - 09/21/09 06:55 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Honestly Donny.., I've always said in the past that it would be great to combine the two.., but I've changed my mind on that one.

I don't want them combined because the price on a keyboard like a Motif XS, Roland Fantom-G, and a Korg M-3 with arranger functions would be FREAKING SKY HIGH!

ALL the keyboard makers pinch the hell out of the arranger market in terms of price--that's not secret either. The price difference is unreal. They start combining these two keyboards (completely).., we'll almost certainly see a price tag of $4,500+ on the 61 key models.

They can't do it for several reasons..., at least not any time soon. They'll lose a huge chunk of their market on BOTH sides of the fence. Di-hard synth junkies don't want arranger functions.., and there are a lot of di-hard arranger players who don't want the complexity of a workstation mixed with their arrangers.

You'd be surprised at what people are saying about the price of a Tyros 3 on other forums compared to the Motif XS and other workstations. Same goes for the other makers arranger line too.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#271570 - 09/21/09 06:59 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
She might have had "cheek" but she wasn't "lying".

The Tyros3 has a sequencer, it may not be as flexible or advanced as others, but it is most definitely a sequencer....thus making the Tyros3 a "workstation"...according to the definition posted.

It is not nice to call anyone a "liar" without proof.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-21-2009).]

#271571 - 09/21/09 07:00 AM Re: Mina Nakagawa this gal can play....Tyros 3
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The Tyros3 is a rompler that comes with an on board sequencer(16 track), so it can be considered a "workstation"...just because it also has arranger features does not make it any less a workstation...it actually makes it far more flexible.

Same goes for PA2XPro and G70.

That's all as silly as me calling the KORG OASYS an arranger just because it has KARMA on board.

If we were to keep to KORG only, then fair enough it would be quite an effort to classify a workstation from their arrangers since they are both so advanced, but seriously Yamaha ?...

The Tyros 3 struggles enough to be classed as a Pro Arranger when it doesn't have a sampler, a complete sequencer, or even a synth engine with any depth to it.

James.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online