SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#265842 - 06/09/09 06:53 AM Older synthzone forums
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I remember there was a link to go back to the orignal SZ forum. does anyone remember how to get there?

thanks

#265843 - 06/09/09 08:28 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This may help.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=General+Arranger+Keyboard+Forum&number=37

#265844 - 06/09/09 08:45 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I HIGHLY recommend everyone go back and read some of these older posts-not particularly for the content, but for the tone. There was very little bashing, sarcasm and undue criticism. However there was enthusiast exchange of ideas and information.
Compare that to the content of the posts we have today, and you will find why so many have left the forum, or like me, just don't participate as much because of the SOS.
I'd give most anything to return to the "good old days", where respect was foremost.
DonM

#265845 - 06/09/09 09:03 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
John DiLeo Offline

Don,

Looks like it's a little late for that, as it is most of the pros have left SZ like Uncle Dave, Scott Yee, Gary D, Chas, Dnj, Fran, Terry T, Esh, and so many others.
It's sad especially when you look back at older posts from years ago as you described. Many are just sick & tired of all the bickering nonsense, bashing, and Mr know It All bravado attitudes that continuously go on here on every single post. I'm sorry to say that without an online Moderator to keep things here in check & too delete all unwanted OT posts the SZ General Arranger KB forum will slowly die.

#265846 - 06/09/09 09:42 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
What DonM said.

#265847 - 06/09/09 09:43 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Ditto Don Mason....I also miss those days!.

------------------
mdorantes

#265848 - 06/09/09 10:23 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
For the most part I have to agree with Don's post, but I want to make something clear. Most of the posts on SZ are good and just as enthusiastic and positive as the older ones. I remember just a few years back when Scott Yee got chased around by some of the others... no one's talking about that.

Now maybe we need an online admin, but it seems that we should always be able to police ourselves. I know we have a couple of "difficult" members who the oldsters feel ruins it for us all, but I say deal with them. They'll soon get your message and start hanging out at other arranger sites.

In the meantime, there's a great opportunity to breathe some real life into this forum if only some of you would participate in this eJam that's going on. Except for some rocky comments at the beginning, everything has been very positive.

I, for one, only want to enjoy what I read and hear on SZ. Bickering and pissing is no fun. If you guys miss the old times so much, then bring them back - with your participation. All the guys listed in this post are great musicians and fine people. It has been your choice to lurk or leave. It's now time to return.

#265849 - 06/09/09 10:37 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I probably won't participate in the Ejam because I'm working 5-6 nights a week, and seldom bring my kb home. I'm also in the middle of a recording project at a local studio, providing all the tracks for a harmonica player (vanity project, but it pays good). I still have three songs to complete for him.
Also, I've never heard of two of the songs, and I'm not very good on Nearness. I'll try to play it on the job tonight and see how it comes out. Anyway, everybody has heard plenty of my stuff.
DonM

#265850 - 06/09/09 11:16 AM Re: Older synthzone forums
mr9000 Offline

Speaking of the good ol days, i miss the days the Earth was still cool without all this warming stuff..then again,why was there
ice on the top of my pond frozen over from the cold temps last night in JUNE!..ignore this rant,seems the good ol days still remain, least for this one.

#265851 - 06/09/09 12:26 PM Re: Older synthzone forums
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Well Said DonM
Good times...
I missed Notlos, Andrea, Armando as well.

Chico

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online