SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#264333 - 05/25/09 05:53 AM Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
To all my US based friends...

To all the vets who read this, thank you...Especially those of our "greatest generation." There was no draft when I became of age and the only first hand experience I had with a vet was an Uncle who came back from Vietnam, who is battling leukemia brought on by Agent Orange...Great guy...doing well.

It didn't appeal to me at the time to serve, but looking back, I wish I'd had...There is a grace and dignity/respect to military service that I admire and appreciate. This has nothing to do with politics, rather the willingness to serve one's Country for a fairly small material return on investment. Yes, soldiers are paid but the scales rarely get fairly balanced in the end. Catering to older audiences, I've had the priviledge to talk to many vets and the goodness that comes out of them when recalling their service days is inspiring. Certainly not all fun and games, but important work. It mattered, especially during WWII. I hope my body of work "matters" but it pales in comparison to those guys...

At 3:00pm today, wherever you are...just take a second and give these men & women some thought...

Anyone do anything based on the Gettysburg Address?

I was driving home from a gig last night and heard a version of it on the radio and thought that would be great with a nice instrumental version of America or something behind it. Not sure I could pull it together for today's show, but maybe for future use...

Its quite a speech, if nothing else for its economy of words...

Be safe on the roads, gang...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 05-25-2009).]

#264334 - 05/25/09 06:43 AM Re: Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
Dnj Offline

As an Army Veteran myself I will most certainly be playing Patriotic songs all thru my big BBQ/Poolside gig today.....
& at 3Pm EST will SALUTE to all our Veterans with God Bless America,God bless the USA & a multi Service Armed Forces Medley for all our troops past & present.

Remember & Thank our Veterans past & present

#264335 - 05/25/09 10:25 AM Re: Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Bill,

I wish to THANK any one on the forum who has served our country. Not enough can be said for people who have sacrificed for our country.

God Bless Our Men and Woman in the armed forces.

#264336 - 05/26/09 09:25 AM Re: Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Broke my "no nursing home" rule and worked at a VA hospital where my 93 year old father-in-law is. Got a last minute call and went over.

It felt good!

R.

#264337 - 05/26/09 11:49 AM Re: Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks guys. As a Naval Aviation Vet, I appreciate your sentiments and actions to salute those who served. Especially those who made the supreme sacrifice in defense of our nation and world freedom.

Dave Rice

#264338 - 05/26/09 12:36 PM Re: Memorial Day Thoughts/Question?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Broke my "no nursing home" rule and worked at a VA hospital where my 93 year old father-in-law is. Got a last minute call and went over.

It felt good!
R.

WTG Russ!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online