SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#259743 - 03/14/09 07:13 PM choir rehearsals and the PA1X
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
this is the Young Hope Choir. We are in rehearsal so you are hearing warts an all here. The kids have only just learned the songs and we will work on expression later. The style you are hearing here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFnCOWWbhqU&feature=channel_page

is just a drum and bass style i programmed from scratch. The Song is called " you can come to him just as you are "

The next song is a nice swing Gospel Ballad. Its one of my favourite songs.Its called " If you can use anything Lord "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzDoEY9dlN0&feature=channel

The last song is called " I really Love you" and i just learned the song tonight so loads of mistakes !! The cameraman inadvertantly had his finger over the camera inbuilt mic for a small portion of the song but you get the general idea of what we are doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yioXqsS4C6I&feature=channel

As you can see the kids are not camera shy.... Everything was recorded on my camera phone and in full piano arranger mode with no external amplification and as you can hear very live.

WE always have parents present and participating as much as possible so that they commit to work with and develope their childrens abilities and confidence.

I hope you enjoy and are blessed by whatyou hear and see.

#259744 - 03/14/09 08:25 PM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
zuki Offline

Very cool and inspiring Spalding. Thanks for sharing

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#259745 - 03/14/09 11:16 PM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What a pleasure that must be to play with those kids!

You and they are truly blessed...

#259746 - 03/15/09 03:26 AM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Spalding that's some great work you're doing with the choir. I enjoyed and was touched by all 3 videos. "If You Can Use Anything Lord " is my favorite. Keep up the good work.

#259747 - 03/16/09 01:09 AM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
spalding Offline

Thanks Folks. I know Gospel music isnt everyones thing but i just thought it would be nice to see another way of using an arranger rather than just left hand chords and right hand solo.

#259748 - 03/16/09 09:35 AM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good, good stuff....

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#259749 - 03/16/09 12:21 PM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Thanks Folks. I know Gospel music isnt everyones thing but i just thought it would be nice to see another way of using an arranger rather than just left hand chords and right hand solo.

Spalding, I enjoyed watching those a lot. It looks like you have a fulfilling ministry with these kids. Keep up the good work.

BTW aren't you in the UK? I found it interesting at how similar the music is to what I see here in our area.

Thanks for sharing.

Richard

#259750 - 03/16/09 03:58 PM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
spalding Offline

yes Richard. I am based in the UK in birmingham Westmidlands.Gospel music is Universal my friend :-). The childrens choir is one of 3 choirs that i work with But my daughter and all my neices and nephews are in this choir so i prefer to work with them. The choir is growing it would seem every week and we need more assistants. There are over 50 children in the choir but they are (for the most part) keen to learn and generally well behaved. I cant play stuff that is too challenging for them but they have surprised me with their abilities this year.

#259751 - 03/16/09 11:23 PM Re: choir rehearsals and the PA1X
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
All right! A real Brummie! I was born in Solihull, and had relatives in Acock's Green when I was a kid...

Long time since I've been there, but I've got a soft spot for the old place. Nice to put a face to the posts, too...

Keep up the good work, spalding...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online