SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#259641 - 03/12/09 10:01 AM HEY NIGEL!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nigel... hey I gotta tell you this man. I've told you in the past about my little brother being into game design (got his college degree in it too). Get this man..., my little bro (at his young age) nailed a designers spot with BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT! His FIRST game design job and he lands a spot with a company as big as Blizzard.

They bent over backwards to get him too. Had several phone interviews.., very impressed with his work.., then flew him out to Cali (east coast to west coast--on their dime.., put him up for a night or two) just to meet and interview him in person. Not too long afterward he nailed a job with them. He's out in Cali now
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259642 - 03/12/09 11:16 PM Re: HEY NIGEL!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's awesome squeak. Blizzard are a great company for him to land a job with. And there are much less positions available for designers than there are for engineers and artists so Blizzard must really been impressed with him.

I wish him the very best and am sure we will all be hearing much about his work in the future.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-12-2009).]

#259643 - 03/13/09 04:45 AM Re: HEY NIGEL!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thanks Nigel.., All I know is the position he was hired on for is a small team and I think this team consists of their upper end designers.., he filled a very desirable and sought after position, and my understanding is this company hasn't hired a spot on that team in years. He was one of MANY applicants they interviewed too. I've seen some of his work and the boy has the skills for sure.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259644 - 03/15/09 03:30 AM Re: HEY NIGEL!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Congratulations Squeak!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online