SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#251650 - 12/21/08 06:05 PM Question for Leeboy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see on one of the other topic's You are using the CME UF70 76 key Controller with a Tyros2?...Could You tell How you like it?

Is the Keys and action close in quality and performance as the Tyros2?...I read the keybed was used in quite a few synths,etc...I really like the Tyros2 keybed with led weights under the keys. I see the weight is 26 lbs so it must be built strong?

One of the Issues of the New Motif XS 6/7 Keyboard is the change of the keybed...They took the lead weights away for environmental laws in some Countries...Some don't like the New Keybeds,etc.

Thank You for Your Time and Review...Harold

#251651 - 12/21/08 06:09 PM Re: Question for Leeboy!
Dnj Offline

#251652 - 12/21/08 07:42 PM Re: Question for Leeboy!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I liked the UF70 very much and it is a perect match for the T2. The feel is very similar to me, but that is subjective. The UF70 does have weights and is called semi-weighted.

Actually I tried almost every darn midi controller keyboard out there...many were so cheap feeling to me,,,AND NOISEY (mechanicaly) I settled on the CME. I Have it hooked up MIDI cable not USB.

One warning...do not get the older model!
Get the UF70 not the UF7.

My T2 fit very nicely on top of the UF70.
I use the on stage stands 2 tier stand...and 2 very nice quality rubber pads for the front that the T2 sets on the UF70. Then at the rear adjust the 2nd tier support for a good height so the T2 will just clear the knobs on the UF70...looks and works well! I also used nice ruber pads on the ier 2 supports to grip and support the T2. Taks a little enginuity. One thing, it's OK at home, but you would want a setup thats a little more solid for gigging/banging around on stage etc.

I also added a 13 note pedal board under it all....for control of T2 functions and playig bass if wanted. (organ style)

It also worked fine with my Korg PA2XPRO, but the PA has 76 so not as important for me to have the lower keybed...in fact I am maybe selling the UF70 now that he T2 is gone, not decided yet. It is in the box now for some time as I don't really have to have it on PA (76 keys already)

OH...also be sure to line up middle C on both boards when you setup the mouting.

Hope this helps a little?

Lee

#251653 - 12/21/08 07:52 PM Re: Question for Leeboy!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
+1 for the Cme UF70(I have one too)...Also second Lee's comment re the earlier U70.

Dennis

Also with OS 2.00 CME have fixed the sometimes mild velocity fluctuations with the keys. Not a big issue, and was only a difference of about 10-20 in velocity values, but is now fixed.

#251654 - 12/22/08 07:52 AM Re: Question for Leeboy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank You Leeboy and Miden!...

Nothing beats Reviews from Zone Folks...I'm 60 miles north of Pittsburgh, Pa so it's somewhat a drive to check one out.(If they even have one?)...High End Arrangers are almost Impossible!

I have a Mint Roland A-37 76 key controller,very compact and light(17 lbs)...But I would like to stay as close to the same keybed action as the Tyros2 as possible. Leeboy could You E-mail me at: harold2@zoominternet.net or call 724 992 8589 cell if You would consider selling your controller now or in the near future?

My Wife is getting a little Nervous...We are in process of a total Home renovation. Lower level Finished...My Past Music room is gone for now until completion of the new one....So My Music gear is being shared in a space of Her new Home Office...The space was Orginally for Her Roland RD-300sx Stage Piano only!...Now there is Four Keyboards!!!
I'm Pressing MY luck...I better get sold what I'm not using!...I may lose my play Spot...PS It's hard too, She looks at everything I buy and sell...It's only Inches from Her desk!....Where as My Music room, It was my Domain!

Thanks so Much....Harold

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online