SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#249410 - 11/26/08 07:55 AM PA800 OS 2
don adams Offline

Loc: Dryden ON Canada
I've found out after using the new upgrade a bit that the fingering modes seem to work a bit differently (in my opinion better)In expert mode with split keyboard I can play either the full chord with the style or add notes in the bass (as in turn arounds)I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right but it seems more natural especially when playing piano. For example try playing the walking bass with the new jive style. Just wondering if others have noticed this.

#249411 - 11/26/08 11:57 AM Re: PA800 OS 2
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
DOn,
Yes I thik they messed with the chord scanning. They broke something else either on purpose or by accident. I would like your opinion.

Here is the link: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39215

Lee

#249412 - 11/26/08 02:56 PM Re: PA800 OS 2
don adams Offline

Loc: Dryden ON Canada
Hi Lee

Something is definitely different. I have the SPLIT on and chord scanning on LOWER and EXPERT fingering on. Before when I did this if I did a bass run of any kind it would try to change chords (on some styles a faint sound could be heard). So I was mostly playing only chords in the lower keyboard. Now on many styles it seems like I can add embellishments and they can be clearly I am playing full chords then adding bass runs. To me this seems how EXPERT fingering should work as it did not seem much different from 3 fingered. I've tried using full keyboard mode before and after the upgrade, but I've found I'm not crazy about how it switches chords.
The way the EXPERT is working now works way better for blues for example where you need turn arounds.
So is it a bug or an improvement?
Don

#249413 - 11/27/08 08:28 AM Re: PA800 OS 2
leeboy Offline

Don,
Yes, I tried what you said and it is better...I wander why they did not say anything about that change in the documentation?
Lee

#249414 - 11/27/08 08:28 PM Re: PA800 OS 2
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
they love to confuse and keep you guessing, benno

#249415 - 11/28/08 06:40 AM Re: PA800 OS 2
leeboy Offline

Now...I'm not so sure they broke anything. Looks like in full keyboard scanning mode, notes on the upper have to be within 17 half steps to the note(s) on the lower to effect the chord recognition.
ALSO, even if you just play on upper same note spread issue exists. Maybe it is supposed to be this way??

I went back to OS1.11, it works the same.

I'm not quite a good enough musician to understand all the ramifications of this...anyone else know?
Thanks,
Lee

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online