SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#248094 - 11/12/08 04:45 AM Black Friday Ads
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For those of you in the states who like to save money and do their holiday shopping early, here is a neat website which lists all the Black Friday Ads in advance. I normally stay away from the Malls on this day, but man some of these sales are unbelievable. I'm especially liking the sale on Tools at Sears. They are selling a 240 pc mechanics tool set regularly selling for $199.00 for only $99.00! That's a great gift for one of my handy sons.
http://www.blackfriday.info

If you find a great deal, please share!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#248095 - 11/12/08 09:15 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Great find, I just checked it out and also signed up for updates.
I may be able to do my Christmas shopping this year without even getting out of this chair and still get the best deal in town
Thanks mucho,
Bebop

#248096 - 11/12/08 10:22 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
Dnj Offline

Cash & Gift cards are the only way to go these days...why waste time when they only return it the next day. Go to a Mall? what's that?

With the economic crunch this will be a very BLACK FRIDAY for many families sad to say this holiday season..

#248097 - 11/12/08 11:13 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Excerpt, Originally posted by Dnj:
Cash & Gift cards are the only way to go these days...why waste time when they only return it the next day...

Man, I don't mean to bash here at all. However, this is the thinking that has really changed the way people feel about the holidays. If we would actually make an honest effort to express our selflessness in the gift we gave it might make a difference in how we and others feel about the holiday. Cash and gift cards tend to indirectly say "I don't know you well enough or care enough to invest my time and energy into giving you something of meaning". I know that we have all probably given gift cards out of convenience, but it doesn't mean that we should make it the standard. I feel the resentment coming about this topic before I even post it.(probably telling me not to post) Possibly my view is rather myopic, however I think that much has been lost for the sake of convenience. This is not aimed at you Donny, so please take no offense. I know that many people seem to prefer cash or gift cards rather than a gift they don't want or need. I guess I miss the times gone by.

Kind regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#248098 - 11/12/08 11:26 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
Cash and gift cards tend to indirectly say "I don't know you well enough or care enough to invest my time and energy into giving you something of meaning". Kind regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis how have you been?.....& no offense taken at all.....but in the same vein as you stated above....the day after Xmas when after you have taken you time & effort to buy a thoughtful gift and give it to someone only to have them RETURN it the next day which is shown buy the stores & malls Internet sales having the biggest and crowded store action on returns says it all....times have indeed changed, yes it's sad that holidays mean a fraction of what it once was. They accept your gift look at it but deep inside they cant wait to return it or worse give to someone else on their birthday or whatever in the future. I preferably like to take people to a nice dinner or give them restaurant gift cards to avoid the hurt of returns....a nice dinner at a fine dining restaurant cannot be returned, plus you get to enjoy the persons company for a while during the meal and reminisce & mostly it will be a time you all will always remember together.Ot if they go out to eat on your card they will enjoy the gift you gave them. Getting a sweater, sox or a set of screw drivers is not my idea of thoughtfulness. I would instead take a Big HUG and an "I Love You" which means more to me from someone then material things...I hope your feeling me Dennis? Holiday time is more a time for Good Cheer & good feelings with people you love and care for not a box of cheap Poppycock. Cherish your family & friends, & remember our soldiers abroad fighting for our freedom to live Free, be thankfull for all you have, & have a great holiday.

Ciao.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-12-2008).]

#248099 - 11/12/08 11:40 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I bought my wife a diamond ring last Christmas...she didn't return it..

and she was happy I didn't give her a gift card instead..

Dennis, I could use a back up G70, and I would consider it a very thoughtful gift..Thanks..

#248100 - 11/12/08 11:58 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I bought my wife a diamond ring last Christmas...she didn't return it..

But did you get the "HUG"

#248101 - 11/12/08 12:31 PM Re: Black Friday Ads
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I would instead take a Big HUG and an "I Love You" which means more to me from someone then material things.

100% agree with you here Donny.

Probably the best gift a person can get.

Dennis

Dennis

#248102 - 11/12/08 12:56 PM Re: Black Friday Ads
Dnj Offline

Thanx Dennis....if you want to feel good on Xmas day do something for someone who has less then you......you'll feel great afterwards. I have performed a 1 hr show on Xmas Day for over 40 years, always at a NH, Veterans Home, or soup kitchen, etc ....
1 hour of my time to put a smile on someones face is the best present I could get.....plenty of time afterwards at home to enjoy my family.

#248103 - 11/13/08 10:39 AM Re: Black Friday Ads
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online