SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#233825 - 05/07/08 12:09 AM How it used to be
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1GJb4ewuvw

We are lucky so much is done for us these days.
Enjoy

Bill

#233826 - 05/07/08 01:09 AM Re: How it used to be
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Heh, heh ... Never used to be like that in any place I ever worked. Back in the early days of solo performers in my area, that guy would never work with that sound.

#233827 - 05/07/08 04:22 AM Re: How it used to be
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
Enjoy?? serious?? no!

#233828 - 05/07/08 11:25 AM Re: How it used to be
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Heh, heh ... Never used to be like that in any place I ever worked. Back in the early days of solo performers in my area, that guy would never work with that sound.

Not really fair to compare a home player using a 30 year old instrument to a pro.

#233829 - 05/07/08 11:33 AM Re: How it used to be
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolman:
Enjoy?? serious?? no!

From your profile I’m surprised, as the style of sound (But more professional done) was used by Klaus Wunderlich, Franz Lambert, and other International Artists in the late 70s, early 80s.when the instruments were in production. (Gold discs all over the place)

Bill

#233830 - 05/07/08 07:20 PM Re: How it used to be
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Guys - If you want to see more of the organ world, check out this place:
http://www.organstoppizza.com.

It's a pizza place in Phoenix with an unbelievable organ and great players every night. I'm in Phoenix and will be going to see these guys later this week. When you go to this web site, be sure to click on CD & DVD sales - there, you can see videos of the organ and the players, like this one for example:
http://www.organstoppizza.com/SongPreviews/Lew%20Playing.wmv

They say that in the winter, it's standing room only. It's a kewl place - pizza and beer, reasonable prices, and very unusual entertainment for sure.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online