SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#233280 - 04/25/08 08:36 AM Getting a Motion Sound Pro 145...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Went to a store in Louisville last Sunday and tried out a Motion Sound Pro 145. At 65 lbs, with a spray-on truck bed like finish and 200 watts, it's a GREAT alternative to a 120lb plus 122, 145 or 147. I'm picking one up this Sunday for use with my C-1 and Hammond XB-2. Really hate to lug around the wood Leslies because of scarring (pretty flimsy veneer).

On on-nighters, I'll use a Motion sound top box (rotor only) for the small ones and the new Pro 145 for the ones needing more power. It even has line outs (three) for the internal mikes to use with external amplification. As a separate unit, it has more than enough power for club work.

I have an outdoor county festival job soon, where we'll use 8 Turbo Sound cabinets and over 4000 watts for an anticipated croud of over 15,ooo.

Can't wait to see what this little monster will do for jobs like those.

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 04-25-2008).]

#233281 - 04/25/08 12:03 PM Re: Getting a Motion Sound Pro 145...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I have an outdoor county festival job soon, where we'll use 8 Turbo Sound cabinets and over 4000 watts for an anticipated croud of over 15,ooo.

Haven't you heard? You could do that job just as easily with a single PAS (or even a Logitech, if the budget is tight)!

I've had a Pro-3 and a Pro-3T over the last ten or fifteen years. Love 'em!

I've been trying to talk the studio head into a C1 and Pro 145 since the C1 came out... Wish me luck!

#233282 - 04/25/08 04:41 PM Re: Getting a Motion Sound Pro 145...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, down in my heart, I know that that is what I should be getting for the C1, but between the weight (65lbs) and the price (@1700), I just can't justify it for 1 night a week gigging. We're being pressured to do at least 2 nights (same club) but I don't physically feel up to it. It's probably not fair to the other guys who probably would do it. Oh well, old age is old age. Although it's a great place, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it at the club full time. Besides, we occassionally play at one of the other clubs. Let me know how it sounds with the C1 after you get it fine-tuned. BTW, I'm very jealous. I know it's going to sound great. I may still get the Roland SA1000 after I hear it.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online