SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#226589 - 02/09/08 07:05 AM MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
Dnj Offline

#226590 - 02/09/08 11:36 AM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Are you considering a 76???

#226591 - 02/09/08 11:52 AM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
Dnj Offline

Cass I have played Fran's Mediastation a few times and it is certainly a quality workstation with so many features that are very interesting to play with...
I'm intrigued with the open architecture.....although his unit is the older OS & needs to be totally updated to what they have now.....I can see in the near future that this type of KB could really take off........MS is going forward everyday with new updates and concepts its a work in progress. I wont rule it out, but at this time Im not in the market for one as of yet....but who knows what the future will bring?

#226592 - 02/09/08 12:53 PM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Fran never posts with his opinions of this thing. It would be interesting to hear from you, Donny, as to whether you think this thing is gig-able OOTB yet.

Why isn't it up-to-date on the software? I thought the updates were free. Is it particularly difficult to update, or needs hardware updates to run the new stuff? I know Fran is up to date with the G70 updates, why is the MS on older OS version?

It's curious that Fran never says word one about this amazing machine, while he posts a lot about other keyboards (G70, E60, whatever else he's tried in the last year or so) in detail. He's just about the only guy with one here that posts regularly. I wish he'd tell us more (or you, Donny) as they basically are unavailable to try in most of the States.

Anyway, on to the demos... basically, nothing much in arranger mode in any of those demos (first one is tough to hear anything but the singing, piano and a bit of drums), the 2nd and 3rd are demo-ing playing over loops, with little control from your playing. Lots of slider control of the loops and stuff, but I still think most of us are still playing arrangers, not DJ-ing on top of pre-canned loops...

But, at least, finally some really 'hip' stuff, but alas, still no arranger demos..

#226593 - 02/09/08 04:44 PM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Here’s some arranger play on the MS http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=34

Bill

#226594 - 02/09/08 04:46 PM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
While we are on to it, how about the new NEKO from open labs?

Seems to have some interesting extra possibilities like clone all your keyboards, 16 track recording studio, (built in delta 1010) unlimited plug ins...,
I can even install my sonar software..
(runs logic, protools,cubase etc..)
Ah well, need a lot to read coming weeks...

Dominic has the advantage though by using linux, but ....

Fred

#226595 - 02/09/08 06:45 PM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Here’s some arranger play on the MS http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=34

Bill

Where is the arranger stuff on that page? I only found some videos of loop triggering, that wasn't following the played chords at all, just different loops for different notes...

As I've said many times, audio loops are so very limited compared to MIDI lookup tables. You get the loop, the whole loop, and nothing but the loop... If it doesn't come in a myriad of chord types and inversions (and few loop libraries do), if the loop is of a min7th(sus) there is no way in hell to make it do an aug5th. It's OK if you are doing hiphop and trance, but few of us here, I imagine, are primarily doing this stuff, and those that are are probably using Live, or Acid.

In theory, this OUGHT to be the bees knees. But do yourself a favor, and look up on the net how many loop libraries are out there that cover ALL the chords and extensions. And then imagine the cost and complexity of making them for yourself...

#226596 - 02/11/08 01:06 PM Re: MediaStation demos......Vocals/Latin..
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I think there is still some confusion about the Qranger features..
How I told before, Qranger is ONLY one opened Timeline audio-midi SEQ, with integrate the chords maps and merker pointer for the realtime patterns recall.
The Qranger include also the standard Midi Chords Table for manage in realtime the mandatary master MAJ chord to the all relative pressed chords + the Hig quality Elastique www.zplane.de Audio Plugin for the timestrech and audio transpose.

Sayd that, is ONLY from the styles compose to choose what type of styles to write, Qranger give only the Freedom to compose what you like.
Of course complex audio styles need a lot of work and for sure some audio chords will be not process right from Elastique like one standard midi tracks.
audio MAJ chords can NOT be converted to Minor or 7th, is normally, but for resolve this issue we have to use Audio Min and 7th too, simple.
Today I get also the Qranger version with the EMC Export to SEQ module and in the next days I will post some new demo video how the qranger load this all midi styles and then also we start to make one first big midi styles bank.
This mean that Qranger is able to play standard midi styles with the desidered Soundbank, like Giga, Rom, Vst...

Other our styles developers will start to make only standard audio-midi styles ( like korg, Audya and so on..) but based in HD streaming and NOT in sampler. ( you know how much time then you need to preload the sampler until the style is ready to play..someone need more than 10-15 minute before they can press Play.... and I will also know how much time they need to programming one simple audio-midi styles...they dont have the Drag&drop features like the Qranger..)

Anyway, you will see really soon in the next days.

about the Library:
of course in the net give TON of library, but thin do NOT mean that you have to buy all, buy only what you are more interested and install in to the MS and play it.
or MAYBE there in USA, when you buy one 500$ PC laptop, then you get the all library for free?? I think under windows you have to pay every nice application, because nobody will work on OS for nothing...
When Lionstracs will release audio styles, you will find inside the style folder the all sounds library used for the style and this always for FREE.
company like Loopmasters are interesting ONLY for SALE, so from they you will find PRO Audio styles under payment.

About Fran MS:
he have one OLD MS, 32bit slow CPU and with the first Mixerboard with 24Mb rom bank.
After we release the OS 2.5, Fran can just download the new ISO OS 2.5 and the Standard Library installer, 2 CD installer, 18 minute waiting time and then the Fran MS will working with the last features too.
only one note: with the new OS, with Vst Host and Qranger, better have one Fast CPU. min 2Gb RAM and better one SATA HD for the good streaming tracks, thats all.

if give more question, just ask.
cheers

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online