SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#223270 - 12/23/07 06:18 AM Audio Chord Wizard
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
So no one has a CD with an intricate chord in some tune that they just couldn't quite figure out that's tried to see if BIAB Audio Chord Wizard could solve the mystery for them.
Come on someone must have an interest in experimenting with this problem eh? Where are all of you tinkers when we need you? Ha! Ha!
Man I have this one ballad "I Wish I Knew" by John Coltrane that has a chord that haunts me. I want to find it. Won't one of you wizards help me out.
Yes I'm posting on BIAB forum also. I'm surprised at the lack of interest of this feature of the BIAB program

#223271 - 12/23/07 07:52 AM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
brickboo Offline

One gentleman on the BIAB forum said that the Audio Chord Wizard is good on Country, some Pop and Rock tunes but not the heavy jazz tunes.

Tom Cavanaugh, does this mean that DonM uses chord finders for his country stuff? Are there fake books for country tunes Don?

Sorry friends just going through hard times and hadn't been ornery in some time. I picked on Don cause he has broad shoulders can take it and is too big to hit me. Ha! Ha!

#223272 - 12/23/07 08:29 AM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, I AM Band-in-a box! Haven't you heard?
If everyone in the band plays the chord the same way, that makes it right. And I am everyone in the band.
If someone is playing along with me, they better take time to learn the chords I play or they won't sound good.
I have a friend who is blind, and has perfect pitch. He can immediately call every note in any chord you hit, even dis-chords. He doesn't live here any more though. I'm glad he moved away because now he won't know when I play a wrong chord.
Next time you come to Louisiana I'm going to hit you, by the way.
DonM

#223273 - 12/23/07 06:23 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

How hard is it to find the E, A, and B chords that Don uses? Down there in crawdad country they think a major 7th is two additional ounces of moonshine more than a perfect fifth. I think Don got his chords out of the Mel Bay beginning guitar book.

Tom

Tom

#223274 - 12/23/07 08:07 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
brickboo Offline

PGMusic is working on this for me. They are busy and it's a bad time.

This Audio Chord Wizard feature and new styles are the reason why I upgraded and then had to buy a new computer. If this feature doesn't work I will refund both BIAB and the Computer. I'm happy still with ver 2004 if the chord wizard won't work.

By the way the song is a very old standard and I have a vocal of it that sounds corny. However it doesn't sound corny the way Coltrane sings it on his sax. Man it's beautiful. It's called "I Wish I Knew." If you have sheet music or a fakebook with this tune, I'd appreciate what chord it uses in the 6th bar. Probably Coltrane's band is using some substitution, but I'd be interested anyway.
Thanks a bunch,
Boo

#223275 - 12/24/07 09:07 AM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
According to legend, someone once asked Hank Williams why he didn't use more than three chords in his songs. He said, "You mean there are more?"
DonM

#223276 - 12/24/07 01:12 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo in the key of G it is an F diminished..
http://theguitarguy.com/iwishikn.htm

#223277 - 12/27/07 05:25 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
I can send a pdf file with the lead sheet and also changes used by Bill Evans, all for the song in the key of G. How do I attach a file? My lead sheet has bar 6 with a G Maj7th and a F#7(#5) and F#7. The Bill Evans bar 6 is C9(#11) and Gb13

#223278 - 12/27/07 05:40 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
sonola Offline

Oops. I was looking at bar 6 of the intro (which I realized after listening to an mp3 of the song.) Bar 6 of the melody in my lead sheet is C13(#11)

#223279 - 12/27/07 05:53 PM Re: Audio Chord Wizard
sonola Offline

I ran Coltrane's mp3 thru my BIAB and it reported key of G and bar 6 to be C9.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online