SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#222875 - 12/16/07 04:52 PM Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2007/12/dan-fogelberg-d.html

I considered DF in the same class as James Taylor. There was beauty...a sensitivity and an intelligence that I found in his music that help me grow from a teenager into a young man.

I enjoyed his hits, sure...but the album that touched me the most...and is playing in the background as I write this...is "The Innocent Age."

My sister and I recorded "Only The Heart May Know" for our Mom years ago...it was a cherished moment from my younger days.

As Mom left us last May, maybe once Dan gets settled in, he can play it for her, eh?

Another beautiful artist says goodbye too soon...

#222876 - 12/16/07 05:26 PM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW, what a loss ... I have been enjoying his "Same old Lang Syne" amongst other Christmas songs this season ...
t.

#222877 - 12/16/07 05:30 PM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As a prostate cancer survivor, I am somewhat surprised in this day and age to hear of someone his age dying from it ... I guess it just reinforces the fact that physicals that include a PSA blood test are necessary from a guy's early to mid forties ...
t.

#222878 - 12/16/07 06:37 PM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
zuki Offline

I absolutely loved his song - Wysteria.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#222879 - 12/17/07 03:31 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I had heard of Dan Fogelberg, but never heard any of his music. I went on YouTube, and typed in his name, and listened to his songs, and did not recognize, a single one. The only song I did recognize, was written by someone else. "Rythm of the Rain". Performed by the Cascades originaly. Anyway, I never knew, what a great singer songwritter, he was.

#222880 - 12/17/07 05:19 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
As a prostate cancer survivor, I am somewhat surprised in this day and age to hear of someone his age dying from it ... I guess it just reinforces the fact that physicals that include a PSA blood test are necessary from a guy's early to mid forties ...
t.

Dan Fogelberg R.I.P. another great musician taken from us at too early an age.

Tony I agree, it's surprising with the tests avaliable that someone didn't diagnose him in it's early stages. Fortuantely, when I had a physical exam this year a red flag went up when my PSA reading was high. Although I'm in the early stages of prostrate cancer I'm having it removed and am confident that my recovery will be 100%.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-17-2007).]

#222881 - 12/17/07 07:51 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
All the best, Steve. You're doing the right thing at the right time. With treatment like this, this early, prognosis for a recovery is GREAT!

Be well,

Russ

#222882 - 12/17/07 07:56 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
One of my favorite albums is Dan Fogelberg and Tim Weisberg, Longer. One of the most requested weddings songs in the 70's and 80's

A lesson to all men on this forum, have your prostate checked every 6 months!!!!

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#222883 - 12/17/07 08:00 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
All the best, Steve. You're doing the right thing at the right time. With treatment like this, this early, prognosis for a recovery is GREAT!

Be well,

Russ

DITTO. From an age standpoint, most of our members are in the line of fire. Get checked regularly.

chas

#222884 - 12/17/07 09:43 AM Re: Dan Fogelberg passes awy due to prostate cancer...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Rest in Peace, Dan Folgelberg. Thanks for the great music.

Men, have your prostate checked. It's a simple test and really nothing that invasive; more the "butt" of jokes, if you know what I mean. I have a friend who is checked regularly, and he still has to have surgery for his quickly growing cancer. Your doctor can tell you how healthy you are aand how often to be checked. Now's a good time to be checked, as most or all of your co-payments and deductibles should be covered by now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online