SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222235 - 11/29/07 12:24 PM Tyros 2 Registration settings
jonesyboy Offline

Hi
Can anyone help please, I have set up my sounds how I want them in R1 R2 AND R3 and LEFT and want to save them to the KB. I have managed to do 8 but it will not let me do any more.
Can anyone explain how to set these up please. I have spoken to Yamaha but they just keep telling me how simple it is - instead of telling me how!
Any help greatly appreciated,
Mark

#222236 - 11/29/07 12:37 PM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Mark...
What you have saved so far is called a "bank" of registrations.

You are now ready to build and save another bank.

You can do that by building your new settings on top of your existing bank. When you press "SAVE" you have to delete the name of the existing bank and give your new bank of registrations a new name. It will not affect the original bank. You will then have two banks of 8.

I hope this is clear.

Eddie

#222237 - 11/29/07 01:11 PM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings
jonesyboy Offline

Eddie,
Thanks for the reply. I have just done this but lost everything!!!!
What I have now is just a new bank that says new bank in button 1 on the memory panel, nothing saved...
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your help,
Regards
Mark

#222238 - 11/29/07 01:15 PM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings
Dnj Offline

#222239 - 11/29/07 04:38 PM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark,

If you live in the U.S. and want to email me your telephone number and a good time to call, I'll be happy to walk you through the process over the phone. Send it to keyboard@bcpl.net

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#222240 - 11/29/07 10:52 PM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings
jonesyboy Offline

Hi Gary, Thanks for this - I live in the UK but if it is ok with you I could call you - what is the best time to call? Can you email with your number and I can call you,
Thanks again,
Kind regards
Mark
email:markjones01@sky.com

#222241 - 11/30/07 08:13 AM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings

Mark,

You have mail.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#222242 - 11/30/07 08:39 AM Re: Tyros 2 Registration settings

Mark,

I think you may not have saved the registration properly. Here's the step by step procedure.

1. Select the style, voice(s), Tempo, Variation, Intro, Pedal settings, etc.. on the main screen.

2. Press the MEMORY button, which will bring up the Registration Memory Contents Page. Make sure the appropriate boxes are ticked that wish to save.

3. Press the Registration where you wish this information saved. That button will now turn on. Each of the individual registrations can be named with a song title, which is the way I prefer. However, you can opt to name the entire bank of 8 registrations with a single song title, which will place the bank in alphabetical order.

4. After saving and naming all 8 individual registrations, press the Registration Bank Button.

5. Press the SAVE button (#6). At the bottom of the screen the name will say NEW REGISTRATION. Hold down on the DELETE button (#7) until the box is blank, then using the numbered buttons at the bottom of the screen, provide the registration bank with a name.

6. After naming the registration press OK and the registration will be store permenantly. The default storage area is USER, however, you can store the registrations on your USB or Hard Drive by tabbing to them before pressing OK.

Now, when trying to recall the information, you must press the Registration Bank button, or the "F" button on the right side of the display first, then tab to the area where the saved registration is stored. Press the button next to the registration and the screen containing that bank of 8 registrations will be loaded. To view the information in that bank, press the EDIT button and the page containing the 8 registrations will open.

This should solve your problem,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online