SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148737 - 09/30/07 04:25 AM EMC Styleworks
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have hundreds of Technics styles,and I want to convert some of the best to PA800. I read that a program for this KB is in the hopper.

My question is can one expect satisfactory results, knowing that some volume tweeking, and perhaps some re-mapping is necessary ?

Bernie

#148738 - 09/30/07 07:37 AM Re: EMC Styleworks
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bernie
There has been quite a bit of discussion about EMC, so do a search on SZ. (In particular the software forum)
“Are the conversions satisfactory” some are better then others and the best thing is to download the trial version here http://www.bck.co.uk (Look under Midi Products) and see what you think, and yes you will have to put some work into the converted style.
Hope this helps

Bill

#148739 - 09/30/07 09:01 AM Re: EMC Styleworks
Dnj Offline

Bernie you have mail

#148740 - 09/30/07 06:21 PM Re: EMC Styleworks
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
you can download some sort of a limited version of EMC for korg on the site.
Plus some of the Technics styles have been converted to korg format. Might give you a rough idea of what you can expect.

Did you ever use the Style Conversion disk that came with the KN7000?? I'm reasonably sure it was produced by EMC, but instead of converting via a pc , you did it directly via the KN.
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?en

Personally I've never had a great deal of luck converting Technics styles for either my psr or sd1 without the need for major tweaking, maybe to korg, will be less hassle. (My problem may also be because of the genre of styles I've been trying to convert.)

Even though I don't find the software does a perfect job, I still wouldn't be without it.

I sometimes use it to convert Intro's & Endings from other style formats & then actually use them to replace intro's /endings on existing styles. Or use the style assembly function on my psr
( similar to easy composer on kn's) & create new variations & fills & then use the converted intro's & endings.

EMC will also allow you to create styles from midifiles. You can also save styles as midifiles & export them to a pc sequencer for editing.

Dd you actually end up buying a PA800?? If so, how are you finding it.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#148741 - 09/30/07 06:30 PM Re: EMC Styleworks
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Dd you actually end up buying a PA800?? If so, how are you finding it.
[QUOTE]

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016287.html

#148742 - 09/30/07 07:08 PM Re: EMC Styleworks
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Donny.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900