SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#110058 - 09/27/07 11:30 PM q for scott y re MPP
miden Offline

Loc: The World
actually its a question for any user of the MPP,but i know scott has photo facilities....scott have you, or can you do some screen shots of the MPP using just jazz sheets, you know just chords and lyrics? is it easy to create these yourself, maybe as PDF's or whatever?? i am looking to buy one (frank is looking after me very well, thanks again Donny!!!) but i just want to ensure its going to do what i want...there are NONE in australia where i can demo or look at even so i am relying a bit on any assitance you can give in setting up...essentially the primary function is to use chord/lyric charts and to be able to set them up in set lists, basically replacing all my manually done cards (they are about postcard size)...also how good is the audio out,for the playing of MP3's, and can you change songs in the set list via a footswitch....hope thats ot too much to be asking??
cheers
dennis

PS oh and do you reckon its better than using a laptop?

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-27-2007).]

#110059 - 09/28/07 11:25 AM Re: q for scott y re MPP
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
actually its a question for any user of the MPP,but i know scott has photo facilities....scott have you, or can you do some screen shots of the MPP using just jazz sheets, you know just chords and lyrics? is it easy to create these yourself, maybe as PDF's or whatever?? i am looking to buy one (frank is looking after me very well, thanks again Donny!!!) but i just want to ensure its going to do what i want...there are NONE in australia where i can demo or look at even so i am relying a bit on any assitance you can give in setting up...essentially the primary function is to use chord/lyric charts and to be able to set them up in set lists, basically replacing all my manually done cards (they are about postcard size)...also how good is the audio out,for the playing of MP3's, and can you change songs in the set list via a footswitch....hope thats ot too much to be asking??
cheers
dennis

PS oh and do you reckon its better than using a laptop?

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-27-2007).]

Miden, I can send you some photos of some lead sheets with Chords, Melody and Lyrics. I won't be able to take them until later this weekend.

Setlists called Playlists on the MPP are easy to put together and can easily be rearranged in a matter of minutes. Each song in the playlist can be changed with a footpedal.

As far as the MP3 playback my understanding is that it's not a great feature and is lacking. I don't use it so I can't speak from personal experience.

#110060 - 09/28/07 11:30 AM Re: q for scott y re MPP
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ditto to what Stephen said.

#110061 - 09/28/07 01:43 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
miden Offline

thanks stephen, yes that would be appreciated you could send them to jodenmi@yahoo.com.au .....scott, have you used the audio out function? and to either one of you, you must have missed my PS question...do you think it is better than using a laptop?
cheers
dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-28-2007).]

#110062 - 09/28/07 03:45 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
thanks stephen, yes that would be appreciated you could send them to jodenmi@yahoo.com.au .....scott, have you used the audio out function? and to either one of you, you must have missed my PS question...do you think it is better than using a laptop?
cheers
dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-28-2007).]

Dennis for my purposes it is better than a laptop. There are pros and cons to using each. Just my opinion, but I prefer the MPP to a laptop, but the laptop does have its' merits.

#110063 - 09/28/07 07:28 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
hey steve, how durable is gigging with a mpp.
does it hold up well?

I'd love one for lyrics and set lists
but (a) it's expensive

(b)I'm so afraid it may be to delicate, god forbid the wind blows it over

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#110064 - 09/28/07 07:37 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
miden Offline

thanks again stephen..that settles my mind a lot..
cheers
deis

#110065 - 09/28/07 08:10 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
scott, have you used the audio out function? do you think it is better than using a laptop?

1. NO. I have no interest in this function

2. YES, because it allows you to display the actual music score right up to the very edge of the LCD screen, allowing the MPP's frame to act as the borders of the music page, which provides maximum possible view size display of the actual music. In addition, the MPP OS supports music & music performance related features not possible(at least as far as I know) in any Windows software. In addition, it's easy to rotate the screen to either landscape or portrait mode. I find landscape mode preferable when performing as it is far less noticeable to the audience.

If you merely require lyrics & chords, then utilizing a keyboard (ei: Tyros2) which supports text display, you probably don't need a display device like the MusicPad Pro, but if an all in one device to storage and display your ENTIRE music library in one place, and the ability to organize, catagorize, edit and notate your music, the Music Pad Pro is the way to go.

Miden, please go back to your prior thread on this topic to review what I already shared with you earlier.

Scott

#110066 - 09/28/07 08:20 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_maestro:
hey steve, how durable is gigging with a mpp.
does it hold up well?

I'd love one for lyrics and set lists
but (a) it's expensive

(b)I'm so afraid it may be to delicate, god forbid the wind blows it over

Mikey, it's very durable for gigs, it's built like a tank, more solid than a laptop. Yea, it's pricey but it's come down by a few hundred bucks since I purchased mine 3 years ago. No you don't have to worry about the wind blowing it over. The major problem is the screen is not bright enough for outdoor use. So even though the wind won't blow it over it's not suited for outdoor use.

Dennis glad the photo helped.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-29-2007).]

#110067 - 09/29/07 02:12 PM Re: q for scott y re MPP
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

If you merely require lyrics & chords, then utilizing a keyboard (ei: Tyros2) which supports text display, you probably don't need a display device like the MusicPad Pro,
Miden, please go back to your prior thread on this topic to review what I already shared with you earlier.

Scott

scott,
thanks, i had forgotten about that thread...the displays on all the boards that have this feature (apart from the T2 i think which has a tilt screen) are too flat to be of any real live use...and being able to maintain eye contact with the audience...
cheers
dennis

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online