I noticed it's "rebate time" at Yamaha for the Motif Rack ES and the MO 6.
Since the Motif XS has already hit the street,I see the reason for the Rack deal.
But the MO? Are you guys working on a mid range to compliment the XS? If so,some really good suggestions:

1. 128 poly please.64 is hopefully seeing it's last days because with all of the multi-element voices in play 64 poly is just not feasible anymore.You've got a 16 track internal sequencer-give it the poly to match.

2.USB 2.0.I'm sure the computer people will appreciate you for this one.

3.MORE ORCHESTRAL PATCHES!!! Devote an entire bank,or at least equal to the XS,to the orchestra side of things.This might also be a good way to lure more soundtrack folks to your product,not all of whom like to do their thing on a computer,believe it or not.And to really sweeten the deal,put the orchestral stuff in its own bank or "family".

4.Better U.I. One of the first raves I hear about the XS is its ease of use. Make the new "MO" just as easy.

5. Firmer keybed.It doesn't have to be "hammer action",just something that's in between the MO 6's current synth action and hammer action.

I'm sure I'll think of some other stuff later on,but for now,this is good enough.
Hopefully,my suggestions don't push the price of the "New" MO 6 (MO XS-6?)too much higher than the "Old" MO 6. I like to keep the economics of the situation in mind,because musicians like that sort of thing.