SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#153140 - 08/16/07 11:54 AM new Roland portable amp
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The Ultimate Amp for Travelling Musicians

Recently launched at Summer Namm is the new Cube Street.

If you're a musician who's on the move, the new CUBE Street is for you. Whether you're running to a rehearsal, lesson, street gig, or any situation that requires portability and versatility, the CUBE Street is a battery-powered marvel that's ready to travel fast. The CUBE Street sounds amazing and is capable of high-volume output thanks to a pair of high-performance neodymium speakers. And just wait until you hear the built-in effects and amp models.

Compact, lightweight stereo amplifier with slanted cabinet design
Two high-performance 6.5" neodymium speakers
Battery driven (6 x AA, maximum 15-hour continuous use)
Dual-channel architecture with Guitar/Inst and Mic/Line inputs
8 COSMŽ Amps, 6 digital effects, and chromatic tuner built in
2-band EQ, Delay/Reverb for the Mic/Line-channel
AC Adaptor included

#153141 - 08/16/07 01:34 PM Re: new Roland portable amp
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#153142 - 08/16/07 03:35 PM Re: new Roland portable amp
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Great find. I've been looking for something like this for awhile now. I thought about the microcube, but at only 2 watts, just seemed a little too mineature. I can't find the power specs on this, but if it is running 2 speakers instead of 1, somehow it must be putting out more than 2 watts. I only found one really crappy video of it; the demonstrator had no clue. Need to wait for a couple more demos and some more specific specs. But a light-weight amp with battery power and the cosm technology seems like a really nice little practice amp and something to just be able to take anywhere, parties, jam sessions, etc.

#153143 - 08/16/07 04:03 PM Re: new Roland portable amp
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Interesting find, and I'm sure fine as a practice amp for a guitarist, but 6.5" speaker size and super low 2.5 watt output seems totally inadequate for the "full range" frequency requirements of an arranger keyboard, even in a practice setting. The Roland AC-90 (marketed as a guitar amp) posted on this thread , seems better suited, and interestingly enough, weighs about the same as the Cube street units x two.Nonetheless, looking forward to checking the Street Cubes out.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-16-2007).]

#153144 - 08/16/07 07:07 PM Re: new Roland portable amp
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Scott, interesting you say that, i have tried Roland cube amps in the past on my previous arrangers and i thought they were terrible.

I would suggest them for guitarists only.

I remember hooking it up to my PSR 1000 and I found the keyboard actually sounded better and clearer at louder volumes using it's built in speakers...

This may not be the case with this new model as I have not heard/used it.

Nick

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online