SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94862 - 07/31/07 02:01 PM advice needed / floppy install
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I received the Caleb super floppy today..I went to check it out by installing the drive on my old desktop[swap out floppy drives]..The old floppy drive is 34 pin..This "New" super floppy is 40 pin[dropped one]..Any ideas..maybe an adapter 34 to 40...I bought this to try with the Roland E-600, but most likely that is a 34 pin too..Without opening the keyboard up...does anyone know if it is 34 pin?

If looks like another device going on the "new" device shelf along with my other assorted devices[many brand new]..Like Iomega SCSI Jazz drives , Zip250's etc..a couple SCSI hard-drives...and I don't recall what else

#94863 - 07/31/07 02:25 PM Re: advice needed / floppy install
Dnj Offline

EBAY Quik

#94864 - 07/31/07 03:11 PM Re: advice needed / floppy install
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Fran
Super Floppies do not use the 34 pin Floppy drive interface, but instead use the IDE hard drive/CD Rom interface, (Hence the 40 pins) you will therefore need to connect it to the IDE Interface in your computer.
As to the Roland, I am afraid there is no chance of it working, although you could use the drive with your Media station.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as they say, that’s life.

Bill

#94865 - 07/31/07 04:38 PM Re: advice needed / floppy install
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Thanks Bill..I thought as much...

No advantage to use it with the MS...since it has a HD..

I guess I could always get the Flash card conversion for the E600...and double my investment.. ...Yeah RIGHT!!!!!

Any one interested in this Caleb[brand new]..Let me know... Buy breakfast and it is yours!!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online