SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#218548 - 07/21/07 10:02 AM Are we victims of arranger availability?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
How many of us have bought or NOT bought an arranger simply because it wasn't available to demo nearby. I bought and love my G70, but i wonder if i would have chosen a PA800 or a PA1x had there been one around to see and play. As I see and hear more about the PA800, it takes me back to my first arranger, an iX300. I loved it. How can we get merchandisers in our area to handle and publicize their inventory. I'm sure there has to be someone in the Detroit area who handles those Korg arrangers, but I don't who or where...

#218549 - 07/21/07 10:17 AM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Good news indeed! I enjoyed your happiness, and the frustration with your hand! I will pray for the hand to get well soon, so you can play again! Again Congratulations!

#218550 - 07/21/07 01:58 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Here ya go, cassp!
http://www.korg.com/service/dealerlocator.asp

I think you make a very good point. We who live in larger centres do have a reasonable chance of auditioning a variety of arrangers, etc. For those people in rural areas, I guess their choices are severely limited and they have to base their choices on informative forums such as this one, then hope their choice is the right one when the new keyboard arrives.

#218551 - 07/21/07 03:17 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Yeah, renig I'mm familiar with that site. It lists all the Guitar Centers in Michigan - yeah they haven't had an arranger in all the time I've been using them. And then they list a few mom and pop places that probably do handle arrangers, BUT are not near the Detroit area. That's what I mean, you just can't preview all these boards we hear about because nobody stocks them.

My local guy has/had a few G70's but said its not the type of arranger his customers want - they want KN7000's. He balks at handling Yamaha because everyone and his brother seems to have them. When I asked about Korg or Ktron he just shrugged his shoulders. So it goes.

#218552 - 07/21/07 05:59 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
i agree with you cassp..in fact my recent purchase of the sd1+ proves it...if there are local stores you can usually take the keyboard home , trial it properly for a couple of days,and then either buy or return...but not when there are dealers around (in my case 300klms away)...i went on comments made in forums, and other places and online demos...BUT had i got this keyboard home i would not have bought it,as GOOD!!! as it is,because there are a couple of operational issues that dont work for me...but as you say so it goes, but it IS frustrating..
dennis

#218553 - 07/21/07 06:52 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Maybe manufacturers are not pushing the product hard enough, in Yamaha's case, you can see the MOTIF's everywhere, at GC stores for example, lately some around the Dallas/Ft.Area are keeping the Tyros, The PSR1500/3000 but how long ago did this keyboards came out?
Ask an "expert" at GC about this keyboards and they just give you the look!

Korg keeps the OASYS, and Tritons in bunches, but only the pa50 arranger.....

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#218554 - 07/21/07 07:18 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Well I'm just about to buy the Korg PA-1X Pro Elite sight unseen!

The net can "show" you a keyboard these days I think, without you having to actually see one "in the flesh"....

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#218555 - 07/21/07 08:21 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I would say yes and no Hellboy. The net has definitely bridged some of the gap for me, so it isn't quite like the old days when you couldn't hear or see what a keyboard was like if it wasn't available locally.

Still, for me, I'm never really sure until it's in my hands. There are certain intangibles such as Key feel and OS navigation for example, that I can't really be sure of by reading about or by listening to a demo / seeeing a video.

The other thing that the net does is expose us to more equipment. Before the net, if my local stores didn't have it, I had to see it in a magazine or in use, or else chances are I may not have known it existed.

To answer the original question, Several times Cassp, ...PSR's 8000 and 9000, G1000, VA7, X1 and SD1, I-30, all of The GEMs... right off the top of my head. I initially joined this forum in order to try to find out more about certain boards, and perhaps where I could find them to try out. It's only in the past few years that my local store in upstate NY expanded ( big time ), and now they do carry and display several of the mid and top end arrangers. To me at least, it does make a difference.

AJ

#218556 - 07/21/07 08:43 PM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
Dnj Offline

Simple solution..
30 -45 day return policy

#218557 - 07/22/07 05:15 AM Re: Are we victims of arranger availability?
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Simple solution..
30 -45 day return policy

Its a hassle, but you got a point!

------------------
www.tagworld.com/vicentelopez

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry