SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138479 - 03/02/07 11:35 AM My personal E-50 review
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Ok
After playing it 2 hours in a music shop, my impression on the E-50 is more than positive.
For +/- 1000 euros, you can have a really nice keyboard.
The keyfeel is not bad at all for me. Not great but I think the same as my old Pa80. Way better than PSR series and I think, better than my Fantom Xa. Not a problem for me.
For the sounds, there are enough to make a good work with them.
The classical pianos are very decent, electric pianos good to very good. Some very nice saxophones, the best folk clarinet I have heard, good accordions, good guitars, nice and sweet flutes and trumpets. I don't played the synthesisers. A bit disapointed with the strings.
The drums are very good and have a live direct sound, like the "real drums" on my Pa80.
This keyboard seem easy to use. The touch screen is responsive, no problem.
Globally, I can confirm what has been said on other posts: the styles have a real live sound and well balanced. The fills come naturally on the style. Nice basses and organs on the accompagnement styles. Very cool and modern sounding styles, even the traditional rythms. It is a fresh air keyboard.
Just played 2 minutes with the guitar mode. Sounds cool but needs more time to control it. In fact, you play a chord with the left hand and that produce a guitar type chord when you play a note with the right hand.
I don't entered in the effetc section but out of the box the sounds are good enough and ready to be played.
I don't entered in the sequencer.

What I miss in this keyboard is some (4-5) good oriental sounds and 1 oriental drum kit. But Roland makes oriental kb... marketing...

It is overall a very nice keyboard.
This could be my next kb, and I am sure that it would be a good choice for my purpose, but... Musik Messe at Frankfurt end of March, so I will expect to see the new PSR-S700 and S-900 and their prices. Just in case...

#138480 - 03/02/07 01:33 PM Re: My personal E-50 review
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It is heartening to see someone enjoy the E-50 for what it is...a nice keyboard.

A great value, to be sure, and definitely a keyboard to consider.

BTW, the PSR-S700, and PSR-S900 should be priced very close to the PSR-1500 and PSR-3000 respectively.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#138481 - 03/02/07 01:41 PM Re: My personal E-50 review
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
BTW, the PSR-S700, and PSR-S900 should be priced very close to the PSR-1500 and PSR-3000 respectively.Ian

Ian thanx for the update .......now some hard facts & specs would be nice then I'll know what direction to take on my next KB venture if any at all..?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online