SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211695 - 01/25/07 01:56 AM Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
Magica Alfa Offline

What you thing about style compatibility on MS:
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/latest_news.php?info_id=27

New updates are making realy great things.

Best regards.

MAGICA ALFA

#211696 - 01/25/07 04:58 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
As far as I am aware EMC Style works has not yet been updated to accept all the Tyros 2 Styles.
Also there will still be a lot of work involved after the conversion process unless the style works program has been incorporated (And optimised) by the manufacture of the instrument.
Giga sounds and other samples will not sound the same as Yamahas Mega voices, this means that even if you select the same sound names, you will still have to alter it (Or select another similar sound) to suit the style.
However don’t be disillusioned, as the effort can be worth it in the end.

Bill

#211697 - 01/26/07 01:01 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
As far as I am aware EMC Style works has not yet been updated to accept all the Tyros 2 Styles.

Hi.

Maybe we'll see some EMC news at Frankfurth Musik Messe 28-31 March 2007.

Happy Playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#211698 - 01/26/07 04:39 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
We use the EMC in totally diferent way, without any conversion. http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/eng-shop/eng-dscstw.htm

We use it in this way:
1) run the EMC under Tyros 2 module
2) LOAD original Tyros 2 styles in the EMC memory.
3) NOT convert process after loading the style.
4) Select the Import/Export to sequencer module.
5) Select the " ALL Parts" and ALL Tracks group: Maj, Min, 7th. Select
Single Style part as midifile.
6) press the key EXPORT.

Now the EMC will export in one folder the all original midifiles of each pattern, without any conversion or changing the program change/bank/controllers.

7) Copy the exported folder in the Mediastation Styles folder and restart the arranger.
The Mediastation will automatically load all the parts and play it under Linuxsampler GM/GS mapping.

Of course in the Mediastation Preset folder must be located the Tyros.lscp mapping file and all the Tyros 2 sounds recorder under GIGA format.

Really easy AND is working!

Regards
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Also there will still be a lot of work involved after the conversion process unless the style works program has been incorporated (And optimised) by the manufacture of the instrument.
Giga sounds and other samples will not sound the same as Yamahas Mega voices, this means that even if you select the same sound names, you will still have to alter it (Or select another similar sound) to suit the style.
However don’t be disillusioned, as the effort can be worth it in the end.

Bill

#211699 - 01/26/07 06:15 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
We use it in this way:
1) run the EMC under Tyros 2 module....

In v2.43 of EMC, and there is only Tyros, not Tyros2 a option.
Maybe a special version in Mediastation?

Anyway, if MS can do this with most other brands a well, it
is sure interesting.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#211700 - 01/26/07 06:35 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
attach a converted style so we can hear Dom. I am tired of reading what the machine can do but "hearing" different.

#211701 - 01/26/07 06:42 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Lionstracs
That is one way to do things, however that option has been available to Wersi uses since OAS 3/4, (2001/2002) the main difference being that you used the Import from Midi in the Style editor, the style could then be played straight away without any restarts needed. (The only difference being that the styles used the high quality internal sampled sounds, (Although you could use the internal GM sounds if you so desired) rather then Giga or other samples)
The Open Art Arranger software (OAA) however lets you just Load in the Yamaha Style and play straight away. (Including the original voices, the style section on the Main Screen automatically changes to provide all the button/features that are available on the original instrument that the style is designed for)
The latest updates (Due any time now, or it may already be out) as well as adding new features, so I have been informed, will now also Direct Play all Ketron Styles.
BTW Any change from the original format of the style (Even to Midi) is a conversion, a procedure that the Wersi OAA avoids.
If you can read German Version 1 of OAA manual can be downloaded here. (The latest version is 3, and No, I don’t know what happened to 2) http://www.wersi.net/Handbuch_OA-A_1.Aufl._2007.01.16.pdf

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-26-2007).]

#211702 - 01/26/07 06:56 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Sounds like a great new feature Domenik, I can't wait to try it

#211703 - 01/26/07 07:28 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The V.2.43 is the right one too.
EMC can Load the all .STY file format, ( PSR9000 too, same)
The only problem from EMC is that don't have now ready the coversion format for remapping the program change to the T2.
This function we dont need, because we have already mapped the LS ( tyros.lscp map file) with the original program change found inside the Export midifiles.

For sure Wersi have a special EMC version ( or they buy the code for reverse engineering) and they are able to load the .STY files and routing to the sounds engine.

Anyway, right now I dont care to much to have inside our code the reverse engineering tool like have the wersi, because I'm not interesting to find legals problems with Yamaha.

If you like have this tool, you can simple BUY the EMC module, install it in the Mediastation and then export all what you like.
In this way you will be full covered by EMC license for copying the all 26.000 .STY styles available and ready to download by the Net.

Then when someone will start to translate the all styles under MS, for sure you will find it ready to download too, without that you have to make this work.

cheers

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
In v2.43 of EMC, and there is only Tyros, not Tyros2 a option.
Maybe a special version in Mediastation?

Anyway, if MS can do this with most other brands a well, it
is sure interesting.

Cheers
GJ

#211704 - 01/26/07 09:48 AM Re: Style compatibility on LIONSTRACS MS
jonesyboy Offline

Bill
The Ketron styles is interesting these are really good ....you will enjoy!
Regards
Mark

A_1.Aufl._2007.01.16.pdf]http://www.wersi.net/Handbuch_OA-A_1.Aufl._2007.01.16.pdf[/URL]

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-26-2007).][/B][/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online