SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#179742 - 01/10/07 06:57 PM ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
Dnj Offline

#179743 - 01/10/07 08:10 PM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's the ONE reality show that I watch.
I've watched it for the past two years. Last year Wynona ALMOST made me quit though.
DonM

#179744 - 01/10/07 08:19 PM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
Dnj Offline

Don you know anyone that was on the show?

#179745 - 01/10/07 08:24 PM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nope, but most of the contestants are really talented.
DonM

#179746 - 01/10/07 11:12 PM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
That show is a joke if you ask me. And I'm a country fan. If you win the show you're garanteed immediate non-success. Buddy Jewel is the only one who even came close to achieving something by winning it. I never even heard one song on the radio from the guy who won last year. Can't even remember who it was right now, Chris Young I think. And Erica Jo from the year before did no better.

#179747 - 01/11/07 04:37 AM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
That show is a joke if you ask me. And I'm a country fan. If you win the show you're garanteed immediate non-success. Buddy Jewel is the only one who even came close to achieving something by winning it. I never even heard one song on the radio from the guy who won last year. Can't even remember who it was right now, Chris Young I think. And Erica Jo from the year before did no better.

Ever heard of Mirana Lambert?

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#179748 - 01/11/07 05:11 AM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... we all had better git together and re-hearse, man !!!....
t.

#179749 - 01/11/07 07:19 AM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, in the mid 70's, I had a job at the Sportsman in Lexington. I started playing 1 to 4 in the morning for the folks coming out of clubs. The upstairs week-end band was run by an acquaintence who had played with a guy named Little Enis. His wife, "Butts (guess why?) played B-3 poorly, but, true to her nickname, nobody cared, including me. One week-end he asked me to play bass for a guy who was under the weather. Two years later, the joke wss, he was coming back any day (never did). This was before country was big around here. The upstairs patrons wanted me featured on more songs, so I got a Porlter Waggoner shirt and big foam cowboy hat. I reasoned that there was a Johnnie Paycheck, Johnnie Dollar and Johnnie Cash. I became Johnnie VISA, and covered my Telecaster in VISA and Mastercard stickers. On my debut night, I came from way off stage and did the Chuck Berry duckwalk yelling "CHARGE". I thought that was really funny, but it took me a month or so to patch up some hurt feelings. Several patons thought I was making fun of country music, when I did a country version of Misty. Imagine that. Funny thing is, about three months later, Ray Stevens released his version, which was GREAT.

Ah, another shot at stardom up in smoke.

Oh Well,

"Redneck" Russ

#179750 - 01/11/07 07:22 AM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Ever heard of Mirana Lambert?

Why yes I have. And she, like Buddy Jewel, came from the first year of the program, the only year that accomplished anything. She, as a runner up the first year, has done far better than any of the subsequent winners.

#179751 - 01/11/07 10:15 AM Re: ot/ Calling All Country Hopefuls Hurry!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Funny thing is, about three months later, Ray Stevens released his version, which was GREAT.
Ah, another shot at stardom up in smoke.
Oh Well,
"Redneck" Russ

... just a man ahead of his time, Russ ...

You have got some GREAT stories ... have you written them down? ...
When our band was together, we would take hats, noisemakers, etc., from the New Year's Eve gig we were working and we would have our own New Year's party the Saturday after ... Guy Lombardo on the stereo and everything ... At some point during the party, our drummer (founder and co-leader) would bring out the business calendar and tell stories from the more 'unusual' gigs of the year ... we always said we should have put them to pen and paper for posterity, but you know how that goes ...

t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online