SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203238 - 12/19/06 07:31 PM An Interesting Experience
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Earlier this evening I gave a performance for a Womens Club Christmas party. All went very well and upon conclusion the person in charge approached me. I was thinking that she would be handing me a check, but instead she informed me that they would now be having a business meeting and that one of the first things on the agenda would be to approve payment for the evening's entertainment! Talk about being speachless! She assured me that this was just normal procedure... but never-the-less, huh!?!

As I was packing, I heard her ask for a motion for the payment, which was received. After asking for a second, there seemed to be a moment of silence, whereby I immediatley turned around and said, "I'd like to second that motion", which was met with a round of applauds and laughter... and, fortunately, a legitimate second and a unanomous approval.

To cap off the 'good ending' I was rehired for next years Christmas party. I was also told how much better I was then the guy they had last year who played kettle drums. Yea, that's what she said... kettle drums!

This certainly comes in as my funniest 'on the job' experience I've had this year. Anybody else have a funny or interesting on the job experience?

Glenn

#203239 - 12/19/06 08:01 PM Re: An Interesting Experience
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, man....... now I've got to put those kettle drums up on eBay since you stole my gig.....!!!

Good condition, very little use, tea in one, and coffee in the other, all offers considered......

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online