SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121335 - 11/29/06 06:10 PM This new G-70 might be to smart for me!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been an oganist for 45 years and altough I have been playing an old style PSR-500 arranger for many years I find this keyboard moves around drasticly from my to busy left hand. I need to find a way to "Dumb it down" so that it doesn't follow every little chord modification that I have a bad habit of doing. I am not quite the pros that you gentelman are, but I can really get it done on the organ . But the bouncing around of chord changes on this keyboard is giving me is giving me a complex. How can I make it keep a root chord
without going to a whatever min 9th? thanks

------------------
Scotty

#121336 - 11/29/06 09:14 PM Re: This new G-70 might be to smart for me!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scotty, it may be you're having a problem because the keys are slightly larger than the Yamaha keys. If so, you'll get used to them quickly.
You can adjust the touch sensitivity and also the chord mode. Check out these options and maybe it will get easier.
DonM

#121337 - 11/29/06 10:53 PM Re: This new G-70 might be to smart for me!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right about that. However, after a 4 hour work out, I have figured out I am to sloppy with my chording and it will do in very real time EXACTLY what you are telling it to do. Once I slowed down my improv it reacts to me just as it is supposed to. I guess to many years of getting away with sloppy chording really shows up. It is actually very crisp and very precise if you let it be. This does feel really great to play REAL TIME again as in the old band days. Now if my voice would just come back a little bit, this might just work out after all.

------------------
Scotty

#121338 - 11/29/06 11:00 PM Re: This new G-70 might be to smart for me!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there, the solution is simple, just change the arranger setting and store it in a UPG. Go to Menu, Arranger Setting and change the default type "intelligent" to "Piano Style". Now you will have to form at least 3 notes in the next chord to make the G70 follow you.

Regards,

Rory

[This message has been edited by rory (edited 11-29-2006).]

#121339 - 11/29/06 11:10 PM Re: This new G-70 might be to smart for me!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks I finally figured this out. Nice sound with 5 fingered chords. I just can't "wander around" like I have a bad habit of. I was wondering if I made a mistake with this keyboard, but after a serious work out I am more than impressed.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online