SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#103936 - 10/06/06 09:11 AM WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I guess we need a new kb release to spark things up, but where's Dreamer (Andrea), Scott, Tony Rome, et al, and whatever happened to Tony W ??? ...
Maybe when I get home tonight I'll post a tune to give all of you something to throw stones at .....
t.

#103937 - 10/06/06 09:23 AM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Still hangin' around, Tony....

Russ

#103938 - 10/06/06 09:43 AM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
Dnj Offline

#103939 - 10/06/06 10:30 AM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
tony mads usa Offline

Some of us just ain't that hi tech ...
t.

#103940 - 10/06/06 10:31 AM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I'm a lot busier these days but still have time to post on good ol' SZ once in a while Tony.

I've noticed the 'attendance' is way down also. Not many people posting these days unfortunaetly. I think one reason is like you said there is nothing new on the market that is causing a stir since the T2. The Roland E-80 really hasn't impressed folks that much and it weighs a ton; besides also the fact that it is astronomically priced.

The E-60 may be a winner though. 76 keys is a good start. The sounds are derived from the Fantom X series from what I understand but I wouldn't expect them to be as good as what's on the E-80 since the E-80 is the new Flagship and the E-60 is mid range. And again, the E-80 seems lacking in the sound department from a lot of the demos I've heard, so what will that entail for the E-60? The E-60 will be lighter in weight though which is a plus.

Another reason I think the count is down is because of all the bickering going on here over the last several months. Plus the silliness and frivolity on some of the posts which would embarrass a hardened Marine drill instructor. So we probably lost many members on those things alone. When people feel they aren't getting what they came here for i.e. keyboard advice, a friendly atmosphere that is appealing to everyone, info on the latest/greatest in Arranger and other keyboard related technology, and the opportunity to share songs and/or files with other members in a non-hostile constructive environment then they simply leave for greener pastures sorry to say Tony.

PS: Since Nigel has cracked down on people posting personal attacks, some members might have possibly left because they can't handle civility I dunno know??

I'm sticking around through thick or thin with the hope that things will turn around for the better. I hope others feel the same way and will continue to contribute to the forum in a positive way. Even though we may quibble about some things we still need to respect each other and try to get along as best as we can.

Best regards,
Mike

#103941 - 10/06/06 10:39 AM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Busy these days. I'm switching to a better paid job.

I am unable to record a new song due to technical limitation of my DGX-305 (I need a mike input). I am looking forward to what Yamaha will suggest as a replacement for their successful PSR-3000 keyboard.

Meanwhile i have few dumb questions re modern arrangers but feel too ashamed to ask

#103942 - 10/06/06 12:15 PM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

I'm sticking around through thick or thin with the hope that things will turn around for the better. I hope others feel the same way and will continue to contribute to the forum in a positive way. Even though we may quibble about some things we still need to respect each other and try to get along as best as we can.
Best regards,
Mike

Mike, I'll be here with you ...
t.

#103943 - 10/06/06 12:18 PM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Busy these days. I'm switching to a better paid job.

Meanwhile i have few dumb questions re modern arrangers but feel too ashamed to ask

George ... Best of Luck on the new job... good for you ....

The only thing stupid about a question is if it doesn't get asked ... Ask away ... I'm sure we will ALL learn something from the answers ... and if you don't want to ask here, many have their e-mail address shown in the 'Profile', so you can 'go direct' ...
t.

#103944 - 10/06/06 12:27 PM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
George,

We have lots of dumb answers so go ahead and ask those dumb questions.

Yeah Tony, I'm still alive and kicking!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#103945 - 10/06/06 02:25 PM Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY ???
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
just cant leave SZ.I love u all my friends u have become part of my life!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online