SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134291 - 08/08/06 03:02 PM Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have owned alot of Rolands, and Ketrons, so if you understand where I'm coming from, what is it that is needed to be done to midi files to get that type of satisfaction I had with the others

thanks

#134292 - 08/08/06 10:17 PM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

I do not use for my performances midi files, but since I provide customer support where I work and I sell a lot of the T2 I know this, I do use the Cakewalk/Sonar programs and with that I input the INSTRUMENT DEFINITIONS of the Tyros2 or the band and model of your choice, and those are the number of the maps of the sounds, so, I remap the sounds of the midi files to suit the best Tyros2 sounds.
Example, Lets say that the midi file to edit has a channel/track with a Nylon guitar, (#25 GM map), so, I changed to the S.A. Flamenco Guitar (bank 1057 amd sound # 2 I think, is by memory), and that sound so much better, and I do that in the "event list" of EACH track in the Cakewalk/Sonar.
I did also own Ketrons X1, SD1s, Roland RA95, VA7, Korg PA60 and the PSR3000 then finally the T2, I hope it answer your question.

#134293 - 08/09/06 03:37 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I don't use any midi files with my T2 but you can definitely do as mdorantes rightly puts below and you can also put your midi file through the Mega Enhancer software that came with the T2. You can also load in the midi file, pick the part (1-16) and then just pick a new sound and re-save the midi.
It's far easier to link the T2 to your PC and use a software package. As you edit the parts on the PC (sound changes, volume, panning etc) you can hear the changes immediately as the T2 is playing.
Best of luck, just play around and experiment.

#134294 - 08/09/06 04:53 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
Dnj Offline

As with any KB using SMF....you need to listen to each song intensely and make changes where needed to each track with regards to instrumentation, efx, panning, control, event editing, lyrics insertion, etc, et, .....each song is different there are no shortcuts you must do your homework but in the end you will have wonderful SMF songs for that particular KB your using...
With Yamaha Kb's you may find that some Snare drum mappings will be associated with an annoying "HAND CLAP" instead of the appropriate Snare Drum which is very annoying but can be remedied with micro editing or by splitting the drum track into separate tracks finding the hand clap & remapping or transposing it to read the correct snare drum & re-saving it.
SMF can be a wonderful thing...good luck to you.

#134295 - 08/09/06 03:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
frankieve Offline

Where could I get the Tyros 2 Cakewalk definitions

#134296 - 08/09/06 09:08 PM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, you got mail......I hope it helps you too. By the way, I also sent you the "Template" already made for the Tyros2.

#134297 - 08/10/06 06:24 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
frankieve Offline

Guys, which Cakewalk is the basic for what I need, which is just doing the midi files with the Tyros 2?

Thanks

#134298 - 08/12/06 07:03 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
Dnj Offline

Frank....as an alternative & less expensive to Ckewalk Sonar......

Try POWER TRACKS PRO....
http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

it can do it all very easily.

good luck

#134299 - 08/12/06 07:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
You can also get Cakewalk Music Creator for about the same price as Power Tracks pro. Either one is very good for the money. I have Sonar 4, but one of the guitarists I play with has Music Creator. I was pretty impressed when I used it at his place. It has most of the major ( or most used ) Sonar features in it.

AJ

#134300 - 08/12/06 10:56 AM Re: Tyros 2 owners, what do you o to your midi files
frankieve Offline

DNJ,

Does poiwertracks have the instrument definitions for the Tyros 2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online