SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128121 - 08/07/06 06:08 AM Programming a chord sequence on Tyros 2
apchopper Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA, USA
Hi guys,

last week I tried to program a couple of songs using my Tyros 2. I used the step recording approach and I found out that the Tyros sequencer is not very user-friendly especially in editing department. But I am not complaining because it was designed for keaboard-players in mind.
Question 1 - Is there a way or a program that I could use to enter the chords, which then could be played using various Tyros 2 styles. I know that I can create a chord sequence using BIAB and then I could play it as a MIDI file on my Tyros 2. However I will not be able to apply the Tyros 2 styles. Right?
Question 2 - If I need to play a bar as a triplet how do I do this? The smallest chord resolution on Tyros 2 is 1/8. I am not sure if I was clear with my triplet question. Let's say a song is in 4/4. But in the coda I want to accent a certain bar and I want to play it using three evenly measured chords not 2 or 4. I apologize in advance if my explanation is redundant for many people on the forum. Since I am not very fgood myself with this I decided to try to clarify it. The same goes with the notes with dots. I know that Tyros provides the dotted note options with various resolutions in the Event List. However this option is not available for Chord step-recording. Maybe there is a way around it.
I suspect that it is probably impossible because the stile programming doesn't provide for it.
Question 3 - Is there a way to record all the parts of a song as separate files (to the hard drive). I know that I can record them separately but the synching will be out of wack a bit because of the inevitable delays in button pressing.

Thanks a lot in advance

Alex

#128122 - 08/07/06 08:43 AM Re: Programming a chord sequence on Tyros 2
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
For your first two questions, I suggest taking a look at Jos Maas' programs, specifically "One Man Band" and "Busker." I've got no clue as to an answer for your third question -- I'm not even sure I understood it.
http://www.1manband.nl/

Charles

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 08-07-2006).]

#128123 - 08/07/06 09:44 AM Re: Programming a chord sequence on Tyros 2
apchopper Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA, USA
Charles,

Thanks a lot for the pointer. I actually have downloaded a demo version of OMB. I tried the Arranger window and didn't notice any option to specify the resolution of the chords (triplet and dotted resolutions - probably I am using incorrect terms). But I will check the program again to see if I missed something.

As for my third question, let me clarify it. Tyros 2 has a option of recording songs in the Wave format to the inbuilt hard drive. The styles usually use up to 8 parts. My question was if it was possible to record all parts of the song as separate Wave files so that I could move them to my Roland VS recorder to add vocals and other instruments. I tried to record selected track separately to the hard drive but you need to press simultaneously two buttons to start the recording. You will have to do it at least 8 times. It is very likely that the beggining of the tracks will be a bit out of synch. It is fixible but still you don't want to waste your time on doing it. Right?

Thanks a lot again for your recommendation.

Alex

#128124 - 08/07/06 10:06 AM Re: Programming a chord sequence on Tyros 2
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Alex

In Busker, you can indicate triplets in the melody line, then place a chord above each tripleted note. You can then silence the melody line if you wish.

And as for question 3, I now better understand it, but still don't have a clue as to how to answer it.

Good luck,

Charles

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online