SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#164768 - 05/20/06 05:05 PM Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As many of you already know, I downloaded and installed Skype (free) over a year ago, and it's totally revolutionized the way I communicate with my family & friends. With Skype, you have unlimited voice chat + optional live webcam completely free (over the internet) to any other PC user 'anywhere in the world' who has Skype installed too. In addition, everyone I talk with on Skype unanimously agrees that it's sound quality (2-way duplex of course) surpasses the sound quality of standard land line telephone transmission. With a broadband/DSL/Cable connection, 2-way webcam + voice, is not only possible, but its live color video impressive, transmitting sharp relatively jerk free images as well.

Over the last year, in addition to finally being able to talk live ( one to one) with so many SZ arranger keyboard member friends around the world: These include members: MSutliff (Mike Sutliff), Dreamer (Andrea Rotolo), Tony Rome, TonyW (Tony Waterworth), CraigUK (Craig Eyre), RichUK (Rich Child), thewolf (Heikki Kahola), Chico Brasil, and Notlos (Dirk Baert), just to name a few. Skype also supports up to a 5 person voice conference call. A lot of fun, especially when you want to play your respective keyboards for each other, and to perhaps host a live keyboard performance as well. Conference calls are limited to voice communication only, but you can still utilize one to one telephone + live webcam to converse, and/or 'watch & hear' your friends play their keyboard LIVE half way around the globe. Sound quality is surprising impressive, abeit mono.

For those of you that haven't discovered Skype yet, I strongly encourage you to download and install it. I assure you that it's COMPLETELY SAFE, and contrary to rumors, contians no hidden no virus'es or spyware. I run Norton AntiVirus, Spybot, Webroot SpySweeper, and Norton Utilities, and not once have I encountered problems as a result of Skype.

If I still haven't convinced you to download, install, and try Skype yet, here's another new reason to install Skype. In addition to PC to PC telephone + webcam (optional) to anyone with a PC & Skype around the world, Skype is now offering FREE calls within the United States (from your PC via Skype) to ANY land line or cell phone located in the United States & Canada. This is good thru the end of the year.

Ok, Now there's no excuse not to download & install Skype. If you're interested in chatting with me via Skype, feel free to add me to your Skype contact list.

My Skype id is: scottyee

Hope to you see you on Skype soon.

You can download Skype HERE

Scott

#164769 - 05/20/06 06:22 PM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Scott, I signed up, and tested the outcall/return...Now what?

How do I generate a call list

francarango is my call name..

#164770 - 05/20/06 06:46 PM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hey Scott,

I'm onboard as well. DennisAlmond is my contact name. I also installed this onto my Pocket PC. It works very well on my wireless network. I am impressed. Might just be the novelty, but it seems pretty cool at this point.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 05-20-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#164771 - 05/20/06 10:51 PM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
You already know that I am a user of Skype for some time now. Your praise of Skype is worthy and although I haven't yet mastered the webcam bit of it, I certainly use Skype for calls to a few friends at the other side of the world. The 'problem' is the time zones!!!! It can be up to 12 hours + or - when you call someone!!
At this moment I have just had a breakfast here in UK (Sunday) and I know that you are just before midnight Saturday in California (Berkeley, of course) So callers be aware!
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#164772 - 05/21/06 02:42 AM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott:

I signed up a couple of weeks ago after our phone conversation. My name on Skype is stephenm1952. I'm vacationing this week in sunny Florida and have limited internet dial up access from a family member's home. I'll hook up you when I return home to exchange some .fh files for the Music Pad Pro with you.

#164773 - 05/21/06 06:43 AM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Having talked to Scott for many months on Skype I can confirm that it is great for free and the new webcam feature if very good.
It is also free of Spyware as Scott puts above so get downloading it now

#164774 - 05/21/06 01:58 PM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Any Skype members that are interested in giving me your call names..please post here or email me..Thanks Fran

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-21-2006).]

#164775 - 05/22/06 08:48 AM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Wow! What a nice SURPRISE to receive calls from Fran Carango & Donny Pesce on Skype today. Hope others will download, install Skype as well. It really is a terrific way to bring us all together, especially becauses the written word (alone) so often doesn't convey what we're trying to express. I was actually surprised to discover how mild mannered (and unassuming) Fran sounds over the phone, compared to reading some of his posts. I supposed meeting him in person could be another matter, so best 'watch the side of my head'

I encourage all to get Skype, so we can talk one to one, and play our keyboards for each other as well. Man . . . Skype's 'all good'!

Scott

My Skype id: scottyee

#164776 - 05/22/06 09:01 AM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scott:

Glad you posted this thread, hope more guys and gals join in, Its great to talk to musicians with the same interests.

Pose..........daapose for skype

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

#164777 - 05/23/06 04:43 AM Re: Free Skype "Internet Telephone" + "Webcam" has gotten even BETTER !
Dnj Offline

Pose it was nice to talk to you on Skype yesterday lets all do it again soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online