SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167056 - 05/04/06 12:38 PM Improving the T3
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Improving the next Tyros3……….

Please, better acoustic Grands, like the ones in the S90-Motiff Es, The Choirs, Scats……is a shame that even the T2 sounds bad next to the SD1 even the X1 from Ketron that is 5 years+ old…….in the choir section.

I like to see an improvement in the next situation:
Let’s say you are in the “registration mode” and you are in the Hard drive(or USB) and you want to open a folder that has midi files……evidently, if you remain in the Registration mode, you will see an empty inside of such folder……and, you most exit until you get to the MAIN page to then, change the mode to Song (Midi file) then go back to that folder…….I can think of an automatic mode change or either in a shaded appearance of the files in question.
The same applies if you are in ANY other mode, like Pads, User Voice, etc…..as long as you want to go or see other file types, is the same, you must exit to the main page and switch to the proper file type.

Perhaps, getting a little greedy, a midi to style conversion and or a style converter funtion built in to the unit.
Note: this reflects MY opionion only.

#167057 - 05/04/06 08:13 PM Re: Improving the T3
robkeith1 Offline

Surely, with the on board ram 1024mgs the t2 has the ability to download better piano, acoustic grands etc. Is it that Yamaha will be providing better samples in the future at a price, for the t2. I hope so, because that was one of the reasons i got the T2 and increased the ram on it. Hopefully someone from Yamaha reads this post, and or comments on the future T2, i'm also hoping that there is a better firmware ugrade to address lots of other issues raised so far apart from the 1.11 upgrade

#167058 - 05/04/06 09:17 PM Re: Improving the T3
Dnj Offline

How do you tell what ver firmware you have in the T2?

#167059 - 05/05/06 04:54 AM Re: Improving the T3
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
mdorantes puts 'T2 sounds bad next to an SD1' lmao
Being the owner of both and can easily say the T2 kicks the SD1's butt to kingdom come.
My SD1 has now been replaced by the MO8, but having recently discovered the S90ES I'm going for that this weekend instead, as it will suit me better than the MO range.
So it's T2 and S90ES for me, best of both worlds yippeeee.
Oh, poor old G1000 still stuck in it's box, better not forget him sob sob
If you want better choir sounds then use the editing software, you can get superb results if you put some work into it.

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 05-05-2006).]

#167060 - 05/05/06 07:59 AM Re: Improving the T3
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Craig, I know that sound is conseptual, still, for MY playing demands, is not good in off...and for the record, I owned not one, but 2 Ketron SD1s for over 5 years....and may I said, I also consulted for most "pros" Ketron users in the Phoenix area, and the only reason I change the SD1, was the lack of polifony.
And to edit voices, you must have good "raw" wave forms, in the T2 case, that is the point, it has them but not at the same quality level of the S.A. Acoustic Guitars, Sax, etc. Yamaha has the know how, but when came to the T2, desided not to use the MO/S90 ES technologies in certain voice families.
I do love my T2, and I would like to see improvements for the next generation of Tyros#.

#167061 - 05/08/06 07:32 PM Re: Improving the T3
robkeith1 Offline

Please Yamaha, aside from the key numbers in T2, and possibly a better harmoniser function, i like many others are very happy with it. I hope and wish that you continue to enhance the T2 via firmware upgrades, why wouldn't you want to make this model be remembered in folklore, as the super keyboard it is. More upgrades and better piano sounds please, please, please

#167062 - 05/09/06 07:28 AM Re: Improving the T3
Bachus Offline

Can't you get great pianosamples?

Motif ES supports half damper peddal, and has the effects session that uses this on the piano sound. I don't think Tyros can do this too piano samples, right?

Thats why i keep on hoping and posting for a portable stagepiano/Tyros2 variant. (sweet dreams they are, untill that time i am occupied with softsynths(vsti's), to create something beautifull )

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-09-2006).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#167063 - 05/10/06 01:01 PM Re: Improving the T3
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-10-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online