SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#210315 - 02/20/06 04:35 PM Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
homewurx Offline

I am confused. Knowing very little about sound systems I had posted a question concerning sound for a classical guitarist and wind synthesizer performing in short wide banquet halls... How can a keyboard amp be adaptable -no a top player in the field of pa systems? Would I be able to plug the guitar and synth directly without a mixer? Would I be able to run directly from my guitar amp head to these speakers so I can use the guitar amp effects loop? Would I be able to connect directly and use an adequate effects loop on the baretta sona 32c? What do they mean by pro combo version? This must be a powered speaker? Do vocals get hooked in directly? well enough questions ..music123 has bstock for $570 so I had better figure out exactly what bstock is! thanks for letting me ramble.

#210316 - 02/20/06 04:39 PM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
homewurx Offline

Thought of something else. The ad says something like speakers have directional field to elimnate feedback... If I play wide rooms wouldn't I want wide dispersion rather than a narrow footprint?

#210317 - 02/20/06 04:43 PM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
Dnj Offline

http://barbetta.com/Home/home.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-20-2006).]

#210318 - 02/20/06 06:12 PM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by homewurx:
I am confused. Knowing very little about sound systems I had posted a question concerning sound for a classical guitarist and wind synthesizer performing in short wide banquet halls... How can a keyboard amp be adaptable -no a top player in the field of pa systems? Would I be able to plug the guitar and synth directly without a mixer? Would I be able to run directly from my guitar amp head to these speakers so I can use the guitar amp effects loop? Would I be able to connect directly and use an adequate effects loop on the baretta sona 32c? What do they mean by pro combo version? This must be a powered speaker? Do vocals get hooked in directly? well enough questions ..music123 has bstock for $570 so I had better figure out exactly what bstock is! thanks for letting me ramble.

I used both the 32Cs and the 31Cs for p.a. Both are excellent. Each speaker has two dedicated power amps, one for highs, one for lows. The "C" means Combo version, and each speaker has four channels plus one low-z mic input. Each speakers has 3-band e.q. and an overall volume. Each channel has individual volume control.
The channel inputs are balanced, but can be used unbalanced--depends on the cable.
The sound is excellent and dispersion very good.
There are no effects, but they can be added from your mixer.
The answer to most all your questions is yes.
I would advise ordering them from a place that will let you return them if you decide they won't do what you want, but I'm certain you will love them. They are light-weight, LOUD, clear and well-built.
DonM

#210319 - 02/20/06 06:37 PM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
Dnj Offline

Another thing I loved about the Barbetta speakers is that they are SQUARE and stack nicely and transport great on a cart.....

#210320 - 02/21/06 05:02 AM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I used a pair of 32c's for two years before moving up to the Bose PAS and they did an excellent job. I sold them to a friend who uses them in a large ballroom venue and they do a great job for him as well. The room is very wide, measuring approximately 200 X 200 feet and they fill the room with crisp, clear sound.

The price you quoted is excellent,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#210321 - 02/21/06 05:27 AM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"B" stock includes , factory blems and items returned in factory condition.

#210322 - 02/21/06 05:42 AM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
"B" stock includes , factory blems and items returned in factory condition.

I have only ordered one b-stock item it happened to be a barbetta. The speaker was blown and I had to return it. This is not to say all b-stock items are faulty but buyer be wary.
Hank

#210323 - 02/22/06 04:16 PM Re: Is it keyboard amp or PA? Barbetta sona 32s
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Music 123 Woodwind and Brasswind gives you 45 days to return an item and it has a full factory warranty even on "B" stock.

I got a Samson powered speaker once from Music 123 and it looked like someone tied a rope to it and dragged it behind a pick-up truck. I called and explained and they even paid the return shipping.

I got a "B" stock Selmer Tenor Sax last June from WW&BW and it didn't have a mark anywhere. It was brand new looking to me.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online