SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198119 - 02/11/06 09:29 PM MIDI question about Banks and Programs
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
I play full time at the church I attend and I recently acquired a Roland MKS-20 which I plan to MIDI to the Roland FP-9 piano we have at the church. The FP-9 contains 8 sounds each of which contacts 3 variations. So that totals to 24 sounds. Speaking in MIDI termins, Piano 1 would contain Program's 1-3. Piano 2 cotains Programs 4-6. And so on to the last accessible program on the FP-9, 24. The MKS-20 contains 8 Banks, each of which contain 8 Programs. Bank 1 cannot be edited. Any edits made are erased once the power is turned off. Bank's 2-8 however can be edited and saved. In order to use the FP-9's onboard controls and access the sounds I've edited in Bank 2, I have to press the the correct voice button with that particular program number. This can be somewhat of a hassle, not to mention, confusion for anyone else who plays the piano. Is there someway, like a MIDI solutions product, that could program the two to work so that selecting Piano 1 (Program 1) on the FP-9 would select Program 9 on the MKS-20, Piano 2 (Program 4) would select Program 10 on the MKS-20, and so on?

#198120 - 02/12/06 04:43 AM Re: MIDI question about Banks and Programs
quietDIN Offline

It's likely that a MIDI Events Processor could do what you want, and handle many future problems where MIDI data needs to be manipulated. You could ask the folks at MIDI Solutions to verify that their unit will do the trick: info@midisolutions.com

--Barry

#198121 - 02/14/06 01:11 PM Re: MIDI question about Banks and Programs
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
You're right, the Event Process is exactly what I need. It can map a program change number to a different one or even another function. Ordered one from Bruce Wahler and I should have it within a few days.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online