SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#112772 - 01/07/06 03:25 PM New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just received my New Products Winter 2006 Yamaha information booklet. There are a few new arranger keybaords coming in June which will be shown in a few weeks that I think many of you will be happy to hear about
First,there will be a new Portable Grand Series which includes Yamaha's first 88 key Weighted action portable keybaord. The YPG625 features a built in recorder, USB connectivity, the Yamaha Education Suite , a high resolution "live! grand piano stereo sample, wooden stand, sustain pedal, adapter, a usb connection for transferring new songs and style data, built in styles and will be sold exclusively in music retail stores.
The YPG625 will have a retail price of $1099.00 and two other models featuring lightly weighted keys (like the DGX505 and DGX303) will be offered with the 88 key version(YPG525) at $899.00 and the 76 key version (YPG225) at $479.00.
I'm looking at a picture and these models look like replacements for the current DGX models, with the natural wood sides and stand look and built in speakers and a very neat and clean looking top panel board.
The other new arranger is a PSR-E403 which is a replacement for a $349.00 list price model. "It has new features including sound control knobs that give the user real time control over effects, filters, EQ and tempo. New colors from different musical styles can be added with 50 arpeggiator patterns."
Of course the Tyros2 is officially being released at this NAMM show as well.
There is also a new P70 and P70S piano with a list price of $799.00 to replace the current P60 piano. The price is lower than the current models.
Last, I am excited to see a new line of UF series Master Contol keyboards. There are 4 models, the UF5 (49 keys), the UF6 (61 keys), the UF7 (76 keys) and the UF8 (88 hammers action weighted keys. All 4 models feature Aftertouch.
Prices are:
UF5 $269
UF6 $349
UF7 $449
UF8 $699
Great prices and beautiful layouts from the pictures. "The UF series feature an intuitive user interface and rugged, durable aluminum design that truly sets them apart."
"The first midi controller in a durable aluminum case.
The first midi controller keyboard with a FireWire expansion option ($249)
The first midi controller keyboard with a breath controller option
The first full range series of midi keyboard controllers with Aftertouch."
Each model feature 8 assignable control knobs, 9 assignable control faders, 6 sequencer remote buttons, 1 midi-out port, sustain pedal and volume pedal jacks, modulation and pitch bend wheels.
The UF400e firewire audio expansion board turns your controller into a complete computer recording system. Connect your studio monitors to the line outs and a guitar, mic or mixer to the line inputs and you're ready to launch your DAW software and soft synths and start making music. The price is $249.00.
These are the new products of interest to many of you.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#112773 - 01/07/06 03:32 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Hugo H Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Thanks for the info George! It makes very interesting reading.

#112774 - 01/07/06 06:19 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
George: those UF controllers you mentioned .. are those the same as those red & black CME controllers that have been out since all of last year? Sounds like it, right down to the controls, the "first midi controller in an aluminum case" and the optional Firewire interface. Yamaha was distributing those in the US for CME anyway - so did they just stick a Yamaha logo on them or something?

#112775 - 01/07/06 06:27 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Dnj Offline

Thats them Jim ....

#112776 - 01/07/06 07:49 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
George, thanks for the teaser. I'm really looking forward to checking out these new Yamaha toys at the NAMM show now. I hope to see you there on opening day. - Scott

#112777 - 01/07/06 08:40 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thats them Jim ....

Yes, that's a picture of the CME UF series... but George said "a new line of UF series Master Contol keyboards..." and I assume he means with the Yamaha brand on them. So I'm wondering if Yamaha has acquired CME or is just rebranding the UF-series of controllers, or.. ?

#112778 - 01/07/06 11:54 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello Mr. Kaye,
Thank you for the great news! I was expecting replacements for the current DGX models. 88 weighted keys portable keyboard is something I am interested in.

I hope the new YPG series will have a better voice set than the DGX. Otherwise it won't be a great deal to me.

Regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 01-07-2006).]

#112779 - 01/08/06 08:21 AM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
George Kaye Offline

George V,
The information I supplied is directly from the information Yamaha sent. There is no additional information yet regarding sound specifications, number of styles, etc. I will report this information when it is available.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)

#112780 - 01/09/06 02:18 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
George Kaye Offline

After looking at the book from Yamaha again today at my store, I do see that the midi controlers are "CME" products and do not say Yamaha. Sorry for the bad information.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#112781 - 01/09/06 03:20 PM Re: New Yamaha Keyboards at NAMM
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
George,

Do you have any idea of what the Ketron offering will be? If you do can you share it with us?

Tom

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online