Topic Options
#161124 - 12/25/05 06:52 AM EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
Dnj Offline

http://www.tornado-music.de/v00extension.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-25-2005).]

#161125 - 12/25/05 03:51 PM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
Dnj Offline

http://www.tornado-music.de/about.html

Im still trying to understand what this thing is & does?

#161126 - 12/25/05 05:27 PM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Looks like a 61 key Controller that has its own sounds and that uses massive amounts of .wav rom to 'expand' the 'sound' capability of the master keyboard. So I'm assuming if you hook up a Tyros or Tyros2, etc. the resulting sound will be an improvement over the stock sounds of the Tyros/2 etc. The info says it uses 'real' samples for Midi files and also Style files and 1 Gigabyte of Mega Voice samples.

It is an open source platform which would also be expandable/upgradeable as new technological advances become available both for the Hardware and Software.

But since it only has 61 keys the only benefit would be the audio/video aspect so I for one wouldn't consider it. If it had 76 keys and the price wasn't astronomically prohibitive I would be interested but still leery because it is not from a well known company and the set up and break down would probably be quite extensive. Plus the weight factor also.

No, a much simpler solution for me is if Yamaha decides to make a 76 key Tyros2. The sounds on the Tyros2 are top notch so I don't think I would gain that much sonically from the Venus Sound Extension concept. Although I could be wrong. But again I need 76 keys for it to gain my attention at all and the cost has to be right and also it has to be relatively light weight.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Best regards,
Mike

#161127 - 12/26/05 05:17 AM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
Dnj Offline

Talk about Back Ache "OUCH" trying to gig with this monster, after listening to the demos I though I was on a carosel

#161128 - 12/26/05 06:10 AM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Bad demo's very poor sound.
Tyros alone and Tyros2 sounds much better

Arno.

#161129 - 12/26/05 06:45 AM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It uses Soundfonts for its samples, so it needs a Pc with Windows XP and at least 1 Creative Audigy ZS card, (Higher spec models require 2 cards) therefore if you like the sounds produced by Soundfonts, then you will like the sounds of the TMS system.
I would however recommend using a separate controller keyboard and double stand, (Not forgetting a desktop (Tower) computer) as the models shown look like very poor DIY disasters.

Bill

#161130 - 12/26/05 07:57 AM Re: EXTEND Your TYROS.....WOW!!!! Demo Videos
Dnj Offline

Seems like alot of thought went into this unit.......but judging by the demos & other opinions there is much left to be desired, who knows if they ever sold any?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online