SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#154057 - 11/27/05 05:08 PM Question for Bluzeplayer ( re Motiff)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
just wondering, do you have a motif or a Motif ES. Does it work with OMB software? Vaguely remember you had a couple of problems??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#154058 - 11/27/05 05:42 PM Re: Question for Bluzeplayer ( re Motiff)
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I have the Motif ES Rikki. I did have some issues with it and OMB on a few of the Yamaha styles, but I am now at version 8 with a faster computer and I haven't noticed any problems.

I will tell you that some of the Motif's GM voices are pretty good, while others are not so good. I considered getting the XG plug in as I still have one slot available, but I am not certain whether it would sound that much better or even any better than the SYXG50 XG software module I have.

Actually, although it's only 32 mb, I think the freewsare soundfont - another XG module, sounds at least as good and maybe better than the SYXG50.

AJ

#154059 - 11/27/05 06:13 PM Re: Question for Bluzeplayer ( re Motiff)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks AJ,
I just sold my dgx, so now I don't have a portable controller ( not that 76 notes was all that portable).
I think I'm just going thru withdrawls at the moment. Discovered I won't be able to see a T2 till early next year ( let alone buy one) and it seems I can't even get a psr3k till early next year either. So I've been going thru some options. Motif is one that cropped up, but I suppose it still defeats the purpose of just having something to switch on & play. Had even considered one of the korg PA's but they may have been round a bit long. Can't afford the pa x's.

I have the syxg 50 plus I've got xg in my Clavinova. So it's back to sorting the fonts and I'll have to just bide my time & not do anything rash. ( haahaa)

Thanks AJ

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online