SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193656 - 11/07/05 10:42 AM Another Ebay Scam...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you'll recall, there was a post on the Synthzone a few weeks ago about an 8-CD collection of 950,000 midi files and 7,300 Yamaha style files for a mere $38 ($20 for the midis and $18 for the styles). As it turns out, the individual selling these files merely downloaded every midi file and style file from the Internet he could find, then marketed them via Ebay as if they were his material. Yes, I bought a set, and though $38 wouldn't make or break me, I was amazed to see the entire collection of Gary's Gid Disks and just about every midi ever posted at SVP World was among the files. As much as I hate to admit it, I purchased my own works from someone who pirated them. That site was somewhere in the UK.

Now there's a new guy doing the same thing in Germany. He's advertising his styles on Ebay , nearly all of which were downloaded from PSR Tutorial and a couple other sites. It takes a ballsie indivual to steal someone's work, then offer it for sale on Ebay as if it were your own creation.

Now, some folks might say what about those Gig Disks you've posted. Well, the styles were all sent to me by other folks, then each style was converted, tweaked, tuned, OTS added, renamed and they're free to anyone that wishes to download them. Lots of time, work and creativity went into the conversion of each style, and they're available at no charge.

Just thought everyone should know about this guy,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-07-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193657 - 11/07/05 10:54 AM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
Dnj Offline

Theres a sucker born every day......
ya gotta beware out there..........live & learn!
Gary your gig disks are wonderfull....your an honest man doing an honest thing to help others.

carry on

#193658 - 11/07/05 01:07 PM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hey Gar:

If you accidentally use your Gig disks off the CD, don't forget to drop a royalty payment to yourself. HE HE...... pose

#193659 - 11/10/05 04:06 PM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As it turns out, the guy in Germany who is selling the styles is apparently grasping at straws trying to survive. Though my German is not very good, it appears as if he has cancer and trying to make a living playing the keyboard and selling the styles to pay for his cancer treatment. I don't know if this is the case, and much of this is due to my inability to read German. If he does indeed suffer from this dreaded malady, I wish him the best and hope the income from selling the conversions will be somewhat beneficial. Hopefully, one of the forum members that can read German will translate this for me:

Hallo!

Ich habe keine Styles von Ihnen geklaut.Ich habe nur die Styles-Tabelle aufgeschrieben,weil ich auch identische Styles habe und zu faul war, eine neue Namenliste von Styles aufzuschreiben.Ich werde aber es ändern. Auserdem stehen Ihre Styles frei im Internet. Ich habe krebs und muss ich mit dem Verkauf von meinen Styles Geld verdienen(denn ich selbs abreitsunfähig bin), denn ich spiele selbst Keyboard und produziere meine Styles selbst. Die Stylesproduzenten verdienen viel Geld und lassen anderen, wie ich, nichts zu verkaufen, denn das schadet Ihren Geschäft.

Ich bitte um Ihr Verständniss und ich werde heute es ändern.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193660 - 11/10/05 04:20 PM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
To Gary

Ei amigo.

The same here...

In "mercado livre" that is the brasilian ebay, a guy was selling a cd with 300 musical parts of brasilian music, ALL arrangements made by myself .I think that each part was scanned and save as .jpg extension
Sometimes I think that's better to stop this kind of work.
Chico

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 11-10-2005).]

[This message has been edited by ChicoBrasil (edited 11-11-2005).]

#193661 - 11/10/05 04:27 PM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
A while back someone in South America ( can't recall which country ) was selling some of my style conversions, which btw are available freely at Irish Acts site and a couple of other places as well.

I emailed him seveal times before he finally replied. I had no problem with him hosting them, so long as he did not charge for them. Eventually he did as I requested and kept them available, but only as a free download.

AJ

#193662 - 11/11/05 04:04 PM Re: Another Ebay Scam...
Darksounds Offline

I can read what the dude says and he does say that he needs the money for cancer treatment , of coarse who knows if it is true . If so then all the power to him I'd say . If you want a detailed translation of what he said let me know .

I've also just recently seen a Yamaha Motif ES8 for sale on E-Bay and it had a starting bid of $300 US and no one seemed to be bidding . That had to be a scam too , who in their right mind would sell a Yamaha Motif ES8 for that little even if it is used ?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online