harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Yamaha MO6 and MO8:
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/MO6-MO8.html

Looks like the original Motif to me.

#135435 - 11/08/05 10:08 PM Re: New Yamaha Board
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's a lite version of the Motif ES series. Neither the MO6 or MO8 has Aftertouch and the Polyphony is 64 note. If you can live without Aftertouch or expansion capability then it may be right up your alley. It costs about half the price of a comparable Motif ES 6/8. It even has a Digital Output plus USB to Device and Host. But it is definitly a slimmed down Motif ES.

I guess the saying: "You get what you pay for" certainly applies to the MO6/8.

If you want the next wave in Yamaha's Flagship Workstations you must wait a while longer unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it.

The successor to the Flagship Motif ES series should be announced sometime next year I'm hoping. It will most likely include the Tyros2' SAV technology plus a host of other high end cutting edge features not found on the MO6/8 like Aftertouch and of course the Polyphony will be greater also and possibly even 256 note. At least I'm hoping that is what it will be anyway. We shall see.

PS: The reason I think the new Flagship from Yamaha will have 256 note Polyphony is because Yamaha may be wanting to counter Korg's monster creation the OASYS. If Yamaha decides to go with 256 note Polyphony on its new Flagship it will in my opinion be a KORG crusher! Especially when you consider the Korg OASYS costs roughly $8,000 to $8,500 before taxes! If Yamaha prices its future Flagship at half the price of the OASYS and having basically the same features and performance, it will certainly be a no-brainer to get the Yammie Board. Yamaha has a chance to win the Jackpot big time with its new Flagship successor the "MOTIF *** 6/7/8!" I wish them great success in their endeavour!!

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online