SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#101599 - 10/25/05 03:39 PM TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hello all.

Can you guys please help me whit a Q.
I ,m preaty god KB player.I live in sweden.
For the moment i heave PAX pro and Triton 96 mb ram for samples.
Couse of i play litle difrent music genre, i must sample or use samples for my music making.I play Oriental songs and need samples from the orient.
In pax i heave superb styles and samples but Load time for my set is like 6 minits for 32 mb!!!
I hate that waiting
Second, the 32 mb is like sh.....
Sory.
I read that the T2 can heave 1 gb of ram for samples.Thats the best part of this KB i think.
But,,, Can we load in Akai? Roland or Samples from YAMAHA library directly in to it?From 3rd part or Motif lirary?
Or can we import samples easly from PC, via USB direct to it?
Is there any great sample edit func?
Can we buy a sample cd in Yamaha format and fill the T2 whit an orchestral string sect , better than T2 has alredy?
Spectra, sonic implants and so, they heave a huge sampling library can we use it?
How many single samples can we heave? Is it possible to make own DR kits whit sampled drums as wel?
Loop point is an pain in da ase on PAX when import from AKAI files.Is it better in T2.
Its heavy to take PAX & Triton whit me in gigs, Thats why i ,m planning to buy the T2.Is that better or is PAX better sounding ?
PLEASE HELP befor i do something stupid here.Love u all.
Thanx and god luck.
Best Reg from Sweden

#101600 - 10/25/05 09:40 PM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
do you play professionally in Sweden?I thought you play oriental music.is there oriental music maket in Sweden?

#101601 - 10/26/05 02:40 AM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
Booby Offline

Hi,

I saw one T2 demo and the demonstrator told me that the compatibility is only with wav/aiff files. All other formats are not compatible. If this is true good luck.

No info about loading times. I cannot anyway expect fast loadings for 1 Gb, that is a slow procedure also in a computer that we know much powerful than these embedded systems.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

#101602 - 10/26/05 02:46 AM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi asena
Nice to meet you in this forum. I send you a PM
Regards
Franky

#101603 - 10/26/05 12:07 PM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
asena Offline

Jamman Hi, Yes i paly Pro, And yes here is a huge market for making oriental stuff, I make like 4000 each month from The Oriental Music making, Dont you nkow that the biggest music industry is here in Swden , MTV,Music box, Stickan Andersson(Abba) DR alban, Roxette, And many many others are from here,

Tnx Silva & Boby, If we cant load Sample librarys than Why 1 gb,
I know that my set will be like 128 mb only, So thats ok if its takes 5 minits for 3 housrs playing.
So I hope you guys out there can tell yamy to make better systems that can read AKAI at least Motif samples.
Go for it.
TXN all for helping

#101604 - 10/26/05 06:29 PM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The manual is not very clear about the ability to load ready made sample libries. However, Yamaha web site says the following:

"The end result is a Custom Voice that can be selected and played just like all the other Tyros2 Voices. For added convenience, you can auto-load an entire library of voices when you turn the keyboard on. Tyros2 ships with 4 MB of sample RAM which you can easily expand to 1 GB using standard computer RAM, giving you plenty of capacity for samples. You can even store the samples on the optional hard disk. With Voice Creator sample playback capability, you can load sample in WAV and AIFF format, offering an almost unlimited range of sounds that you can buy off the shelf."

This implies that any library in Wav or AIFF formats (with a single loop point, according to manual) may be loaded and played back. I don't know if Akai sounds are in AIFF format but there are many other sound libraries availabe in those formats. I think that someone should verify that no sample manipulation is required when loading ready made miltisample sounds into Tyros 2.

#101605 - 10/26/05 07:02 PM Re: TYROS 2 Q Help pls.
asena Offline

yhank you all, lets do so, search info on the planet about this , couse this is what we need all i think, after 1 year whit a KB we realy need new styles new sounds. I know that the manufacturer are not so hapy whit that, they think they can not ell any new models. But its not true.
So searc please we win al in the end. Just imagine what kind of sounds we can heave.
REG FROM SWEDEN

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online