SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148297 - 10/19/05 09:22 AM Hello everyone...
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Hi Guys/Gals

Haven't been around for awhile, life has me on this ride and I'm ready for it to stop. (The ride that is) I hope all is well with everyone...
I've been thinking about a new board and reading some of the posting on the G-70 ver2. It seems to be of interest to me. I do wish though that there were more style availability.
I just came across some Guitar videos on one of Rolands sites. For anyone interested here's the link.
http://rolandmusik.de/hauptseite.shtml Important! at the top click the G-70 power Pack link and let it play in it's entirety, it will take you to the videos...
They are new!

It really would be nice if they would include the US in their promotional values... (Enlish language) Anyway enjoy.

I------------------
Lou

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-19-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-19-2005).]

#148298 - 10/19/05 09:56 AM Re: Hello everyone...
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanx for the link Lou

KF

#148299 - 10/19/05 10:54 AM Re: Hello everyone...
Lou Y Offline

KFingers

Just some thoughts on k/bs. After many years of being a Korg fan and also having the rest of the top names, one does like to explore the sound table of it's competitors. Even though you know it may not be the most powerful of the bunch sometimes it is the thing to do. With that being said you can grow in different ways. Namely in the difference of style and voicings. One must explore in order to find and excel in creativity. What do you think?... For me my main instrument is singing and introducing myself to different colors is what it's all about. I don't play out (Wish I did) all of my work is in my studio. I do have an eye on the new g-70 lets see what happens.

#148300 - 10/19/05 01:25 PM Re: Hello everyone...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Lou,
it's great to have you here again. You are one of the best singers I have had the pleasure to listen to.

#148301 - 10/19/05 03:14 PM Re: Hello everyone...
Lou Y Offline

Andrea

Thank you for your kind words and nice to be here again. Hope all is well with you...

#148302 - 10/19/05 03:22 PM Re: Hello everyone...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lou,

Welcome back to the forum!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#148303 - 10/19/05 03:57 PM Re: Hello everyone...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Lou. Great to see you back here. I'm very encouraged by the G70 with OS2.0. Big sound improvement from what I've heard from the most recent demos. The only thing that keeps me from getting one (for in the studio production work) is its lack of rootless chord recognition.

- Scott

#148304 - 10/19/05 07:23 PM Re: Hello everyone...
Lou Y Offline

Hey guys
Thank you for the welcome, it's nice to see everyone again.
It seems as though the the arranger world is pretty much the same... You know what I mean... which of the big boys placed a larger screen, who has or has not the sampling or 61 verses 76 etc, etc...
Actually for me it's come down to what inspires me to sing. I've gone the full gamut of buying new boards. My latest was the Oasys. A great board... verrry deeep. So here I stand again looking to add a little simplicity to the picture with a new arranger. I figure this will give me the means to color my world with the very dark and "now" sound as well as have the subtleties of an arranger... Soooo yes I'm on the search again. Good luck to all who are looking also and good luck to the lucky ones who made the purchase already...

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 10-20-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online