SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203242 - 10/06/05 06:42 PM Where'd it go?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
What happened to the thread under the heading: WHATS THE DIFF BETWEEN THE KORG 50 AND THE KORG 60?

I just went to check it out and there it was, gone.

#203243 - 10/06/05 10:04 PM Re: Where'd it go?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The thread starter complained because he had chosen to be notified each time there was a response and he wanted it deleted to stop the emails coming. So I did what he asked and killed the thread.

#203244 - 10/07/05 12:23 AM Re: Where'd it go?
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi renig and Nigel

I also was at a loss to know why the thread had been killed I was just wanting to know if renig had seen my reply about Rotherham and there it was .....gone!!!!
Is it not possible for the thread starter in such a case to cancel his request for his notification of response??
Actually killing the thread, Nigel, was perhaps a bit drastic, don't you think?
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#203245 - 10/07/05 07:40 AM Re: Where'd it go?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't want you to think we're ganging up on you, Nigel, but I was thinking along the same lines as Eddie re. the thread starter. For a moment I wondered if my addressing Eddie with "Ay up, flower" in my last reply had caused any upset wi' management.

Anyway Eddie, as I was saying . . . My wife is from Kimberworth Park and our favourite watering hole was the Ring o' Bells. We still have relatives in Kimberworth and in Gleadless. It's cool that the parish church has now been accorded minster status. My mother- and father-in-law were married there.

In days of yore, when we used to lug around a big old Hammond, we used to play at the Black Swan (or the Mucky Duck in local parlance) in Sheffield and at a community hall in Nether Edge. Great times and great people in that part of the world.

All the best,
Renig

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 10-07-2005).]

#203246 - 10/07/05 10:02 AM Re: Where'd it go?
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Renig
thanks for coming back to life
I was beginning to wonder if you had been killed off together with the thread, nasty moment there!!!
What I didn't realise was that you are or were local to me. Although you say your wife comes from Rotherham, I assumed that you yourself were not from these hallowed parts, sometimes known as the Holy Land. Perhaps you are from Sheffield? If so , I will forgive you.
Interesting to hear that you played Hammond (what a great organ that was)in the area. I myself played piano at a couple of local pubs but never enjoyed it too much. I finally gave up after failing to preserve my manners with would-be karaokers

My wife and I often pass the Ring 'o Bells in Kimberworth Park on our way to Meadowhall in Tinsley. It still stands there proudly.
cheers and thanks for making contact.
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online