In an earlier post I asked for help in editing an already recorded song. A couple of members were willing to try but no one seemed to know how to do it. After much research I found the answer.

Luckily for me I had invested in a great tutorial program called “Tyros Made Easy” by Simon Smith. When all else failed I asked him the question. He promptly responded with the correct answer.

Here’s how to edit a song already recorded:

If you record a song and then later discover that the melody or perhaps the style is not loud enough, you can certainly adjust the individual part volumes and then resave your song.

As an example, let’s assume you have recorded a song and the melody part is not loud enough. Here is what to do.

1. Select your song. (so that it is ready to play)

2. Press the Digital Record button towards the right of the screen.

3. Select Song Creator in the screen by pressing button A

4. Press the NEXT Button a few times to select the 1-16 Tab

5. Use button F to select the channel to be edited (for this example assume your melody is recorded to channel 1) Choose channel 1.

6. Now press button A continually to take you to the very top measure of your song!

7. You will see that this first event is a CONTROL event – VOLUME. If necessary use the D & E buttons to move the curser to the figure immediately left of the word volume.

8. To adjust the volume for this part (part 1), turn the data entry wheel to select a figure between 0 and 127.(127 being the loudest)

9. Now press the enter button below the data entry wheel to confirm the new volume figure. You have now set a new volume for part 1.

10. Re-save your song with the new volume by pressing button I

11. Select the number 6 lower silver button to choose SAVE

12. Name the piece (or you can leave as is to over-right the previous version)

13. Press number 8 upper button to choose OK.

The procedure above applies to adjusting the volumes of any of the 16 parts of your song. Don’t forget that a rhythm style is broken up into many different parts (bass, accmp, rhythm 1, rhythm 2 etc…). The style parts are usually from parts 9 onwards.

If you can’t remember which part is on which track, just press the channel on/off button below the display and by trial and error you will be able to establish the parts by switching them on and off using the silver buttons below the display as your song plays.

In the balance section of the Tyros, there is an overall song volume control. Note that this is for PLAYBACK ONLY and any adjustments made to this control are not recorded. You can only increase or decrease the overall song volume by adjusting the volumes of the individual parts (within song creator as described in steps 1 – 13 above).

I highly recommend his tutorial “Tyros Made Easy”. Unfortunately because of the many Tyros questions he can’t address them all. However he will help those that have his tutorial.

I am thankful for his help and am sharing his answer with those my fellow Tyros players.