SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#217653 - 05/30/05 10:53 AM Wave to MP3...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I know that many of you know how to convert a cd recording to mp3, could someone please explain it to an old man...all this new high tech stuff is way beyond me....thanks....
Tony Rome

#217654 - 05/30/05 12:30 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
Roel Offline

Tony,
The easiest way to get an MP3 is using the program Audiograbber. It is capable to read an audioCD (CDA-format) and convert it to the file-type of your choice. (WAV or MP3)
Please visit http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/ and get the sharewareversion.

It works very fast :average read/convert-speed on my system >20x

#217655 - 05/30/05 12:54 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Tony, if you are using Win XP, Media Player 10 does most everything you need. There are so many programs out there that convert WAV or even WMA to mp3 it's silly. Do a search and you'll find 'em.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 05-30-2005).]

#217656 - 05/30/05 04:32 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
There are nearly so many posibilities like people who are using them...

Roel's recommendation seems to be the easiest way to do what you want to do. Another way is to use a normal CD writer software (I'm using Nero Burning ROM) which allows you to read the audio data as normal wave files. You can save them on harddisc and convert them later into mp3 files with special converter tools like Razor LAME.
Nero includes a 2nd way to go - you can save your waves direct as mp3 files on harddisc. I'm using Nero versin 5.0 but there must be a newer version (6.0+). Unfortunality Nero isn't for free...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#217657 - 05/30/05 05:04 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
Tony Rome Offline

Cassp...I tried to use my win XP player....
won't work.....so I took Roels advise and went and downloaded the Audiograbber program which seem to work fine.....now I have to find a place to upload them for some friend to hear...any sugestions...Sherrif...my Nero went out and when I tried to download it again, they wanted me to pay again, so needless to say I don't use them anylonger..
thanks to you all for your time and responses
Tony Rome

#217658 - 05/30/05 05:44 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

You've got mail!

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#217659 - 05/30/05 06:27 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Tony,

Don't know if this is too late...IF you have Windows Media Player 10, you can "rip" CD audio tracks and convert them to mp3 with the built in encoder. Fire up Media Player, click on the Rip tab up at the top, it will tell you to insert audio CD and select tracks to rip (click on the appropriate check box). Check your boxes and click on the Rip Music button at the top to the right. If this is your first rip, you'll get the setup box to pick a format. If not, you can go to Tools, then Options and click on the Rip Music tab for setup options. The last choice in the drop-down menu under Format is MP3. Here you can also select your file destination.

Happy ripping!

-mike

#217660 - 05/31/05 01:41 PM Re: Wave to MP3...
Tony Rome Offline

Thank Mike....The program I downloaded seems to be doing alright...as soon as I get a site to post them to I'll let you guys know..
Thank again to all...
Tony Rome

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online