SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193271 - 05/28/05 01:38 PM Skype is fantastic!
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Just wanted to tell you all that I had a nice chat with Scottyee earlier today on Skype and wow, what a good quality!
I have not listened to any music/audio files on Skype, but I think it will definitly be good except it is in mono! Are there amny of you who use Skype? Have a nice day!

#193272 - 05/28/05 09:48 PM Re: Skype is fantastic!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Christian, nice surprise to receive your Skype (PC to PC) telephone call from Sweden (Stockholm) to San Francisco today. I agree that the sound quality was quite impressive (no noticeable delay, echo, or dropouts when simultaneously talking) and suitable not only for casual internet chat, but playing & sharing music with each other, and jamming concurrently as well. Christian & I both with high-speed internet connections certainly contributed to insuring the high quality sound, which is far better than a standard land line telephone connection, and best of all, it's 100% with no talk time restrictions.

From our conversation, it definitely sounds like Christian's next KB is going to be the Korg PA1xPro. Ok Christian, I'm looking forward to hearing music produced by you on it. Please keep us posted.

Scott

#193273 - 05/29/05 12:43 PM Re: Skype is fantastic!
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi All
I have also been lucky enough to have had an interesting telephone conversation with Scott using Skype .
There are of course other similar programmes available but it seems that the reception from Skype is First Class.
Since installing Skype on my PC, I have picked up a few more 'call names' but mostly find that they are not connected.
My suggestion is that fellow members append their call names to their mail signature so that we can increase our contact.
I know that sometimes it will be inconvenient to receive calls at certain times when we would find it difficult to talk, but it is easy to avoid unwanted calls by disabling the connection while you are busy.
How about it?
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Skype call 'eddiefromrotherham'
[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 05-29-2005).]

[This message has been edited by eddiefromrotherham (edited 05-29-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online