SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170054 - 05/15/05 09:11 PM Logitech Z2200s revisited
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was forced to use the Logitech Z2200s again Saturday night. I had two jobs so close together that I didn't have time to set up between, so I set up a kb stand, stool and the Logitechs at the supper club. After the earlier job all I had to move in was the SD1.
Anyway, the place was extra crowded Saturday and I was having second thoughts about using the Logitechs.
The last time I used them I though I heard some distortion and I wasn't getting the volume I expected. Anyway, this time I was in such a rush that I accidently turned the volume well up on the Logitechs. As a result the volume of the SD1 had to be kept low. ShaZam (as Captain Marvel would have said), the sound was loud, clean and clear. I got many compliments from regulars and strangers alike. (Also $100+ in tips). There were maybe 70 folks in the room and I had ample volume to spare.
Before I had the volume on the keyboard (at that time a Tyros) well up and the volume on the Logitech system pretty low. Seems it works better, at least with the SD1, the other way.
Makes me think I might try some of those 5500s after all.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 05-15-2005).]

#170055 - 05/15/05 11:24 PM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Interesting obsevation/experiment. I think I'll give that a try with my z5500's and see if I like them any better.

#170056 - 05/16/05 05:12 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don & Scott,

I normally run the Z-5500 master volume at Boost-4 to Boost-7 and the sub at about 20 percent. All the satellites are set at maximum volume, and only once have I run the master volume at boost 11 (maximum). Most of the time, the keyboard volume is at 50 percent or less. Essentially, with the 5500 system, plus the additional keyboard speakers on the 3000, you're firing 10 speakers. This includes 5 satellites, 1 subwoofer and 4 onboard speakers in the 3000. That's a lot of speakers putting out a lot of sound.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170057 - 05/16/05 06:27 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
I have heard Don use Logitech Z2200 speakers. Although he sounds good on any thing he uses these do sound excellent. We need Gary to design us a keyboard stand with the speakers and cords already attached and connected just roll-in plug-in with no hookup.

#170058 - 05/16/05 07:44 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Don... interesting observation. My Logitech Z2200 has been in the closet lately and my SD1's been going into one Barbetta 32. What was the approx size of the room? Did you go straight into the Logitech or thru a mixer? Any echo/feedback?

Glenn

#170059 - 05/16/05 08:20 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I went straight into the Logitech from the SD1. No mixer. I positioned the speakers slightly in front and angled toward the middle, just where I can hear them but still avoid feedback.
It is a pretty large room, but the acoustics are excellent. Maybe 70 people were there, some dancing, most dining.
DonM

#170060 - 05/16/05 08:44 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by HankB:
I have heard Don use Logitech Z2200 speakers. Although he sounds good on any thing he uses these do sound excellent. We need Gary to design us a keyboard stand with the speakers and cords already attached and connected just roll-in plug-in with no hookup.

I can do it, but I'll need a few weeks to figgure out exactly how to put things together so the entire rig just folds up and rolls away. Kinda' like the old shell game guys on the street corners with a fold-up rig that allowed them to get away when the cops arrived on the scene.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170061 - 05/16/05 08:46 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hank, gary has already shown photos of his logitech system, look here,mike,,,,,,,,http://psrtutorial.com/Resources/musictips.html

#170062 - 05/16/05 09:03 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hey Don, another plug for Logitech warranty and service. I called them up and told them one of the nut thingies on the back of the subwoofer broke off and asked how I could fix it. Appears it cannot be fixed, that it BROKE and is not repairable. They are sending a new system.

I didn't do anything unusual, it just broke off. I found the nut on the floor. So, I'd be careful with screwing the thumbscrews for that cable in.

Interesting about going straight into Logitech with no mixer. I've been using a mixer. But I do play guitar as well. Although, maybe I could try this. I used to have an adaptor, I don't what you call it. But it had two 1/4" female IN with a 1/4" male OUT. I'd plug that into my guitar and mic into that, go into the psr740 and it worked fine. For acoustic guitar stuff. I could try that again. Save messing around with a mixer.

As for Gary and his magic, that would be cool if you could do that. Very cool. As long as you could hear YOURSELF. Maybe the onboard speakers would be enough.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#170063 - 05/16/05 11:05 AM Re: Logitech Z2200s revisited
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hey Gang:

Just got off the phone with Richard at logitech. I checked on my replacement thats been on back order for 3 weeks. Richard said the reason they havn't got in shipments is they re/designed the cable to speakers system. They did away with the RCA plugs and went to a better system (supposedly) with larger gauge wire and different plug in's. And he said this was a big improvement for the Z5500 system. Didn't think to ask him if the other models were being changed out also?
He also appoligised about 4 times for the delay and said the new Z should be in hand in about 2 more weeks, and would be sent express air. Sure miss not having the use of them.

These guys at logitech are great!

Also he gave me the Toll free number not listed in any of their manuals etc. 1-800/ 231-7717

Cheers.....Pose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online