SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152201 - 04/08/05 06:35 AM Tyros + PSR3000 Possibilities?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Looks like I'll be buying a PSR-3000 in the next week or so.

Even though I'm primarily getting the PSR-3000 as a back-up arranger in case my Tyros gets broken, the thought occurs to me that combining the two on stage could be interesting.

I full (the Tyros) in full keyboard mode, no splitting of voices...

I don't usually use MIDI files...rather, I find styles that work well with the material I play. (Standards, Jazz, Country, Oldies, Pop)

One thing that I think of is in playing leads. Often, I shy away from using a Sax or somthing because as I need to keep chording with my left hand while I play the lead with my right hand, the chords sound muddy. For example, a 3 part soprano sax D major chord doesn't sound too hot, lol...

With the PSR300 set up above or to the side of my Tyros, I could keep chording with my left hand using a piano, while using the 3000 for my leads...

Ideas, suggestions, comments?

Bill in Dayton

#152202 - 04/08/05 06:58 AM Re: Tyros + PSR3000 Possibilities?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

A few years ago, when I had a PSR-2000 stacked with a PSR-740, I was burried behind the keyboards. Therefore, in order to compensate for the lack of view to the audience and loss of eye contact, I positioned the keyboard stand (double tier Ultimate A-Frame) in such a manner that I was sideways to the audience. This way I could see them, they could see me and they could see me playing the keyboard, thus no illusions that all the music was mysteriosly appearing from thin air or I was faking. It worked just fine, but setup time was nearly 40 minutes, and there is a lot of gear to both carry and assemble--not worth the hassle.

Stick with one keyboard and a simplified setup that can be done quickly--you won't regret it.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152203 - 04/08/05 09:38 AM Re: Tyros + PSR3000 Possibilities?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Isn't there a way to split the keyboard into two voices and still have full keyboard type chording on the left with a lead voice on the right?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online