SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139874 - 02/17/05 05:33 AM A question for all Roland G-70 players
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
I have heared a few demos of the G-70, but I'd like to hear the piano sound which people have told me is very good. Does anyone know if there is a demo with just that sound?

#139875 - 02/17/05 07:45 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
o3bor Offline

Even on the instrument there isn't a demo with only Piano playing.
If you send me a test midi file (a short piece that you think can be useful for you to understand the characteristics of the sound) I'll play it on my instrument and send you the resulting audio file.

#139876 - 02/17/05 08:25 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Go to:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/ck_deta...age=1&ReviewID=

Click on "New G-70 tones" in the video section. There are some good video demos here.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#139877 - 02/17/05 09:14 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
o3bor Offline

Of course the actual quality of the sound is much better than what you can hear on this demo.
From the demo you can just 'imagine' what the sound can actually be.

#139878 - 02/17/05 11:08 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
tracknet Offline

Tim
There are some great G-70 demos in this site.
And Roland piano sounds the best, as usual.
I liked also demos about "adaptative chord voicing" and "dynamic arranger". It seems G-70 is a powerful machine.
Thanks

#139879 - 02/17/05 11:24 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
The videos were in mono, but the grand sounded very good! Have never heared a such big grand on an arranger before! How many demos has the G70 got?

#139880 - 02/17/05 11:32 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
BlkNotes Offline

Has anyone on this thread heard the G-70 in person. The reason that I ask is that I to think the performance(sound/styles) from the videos is good, but I have heard conflicting responses. In particular, reference has been made that the sound have been heavily reworked/modified for the performance(video), and do not sound as good on the shipped g-70 product. Further, the piano sound ( grand-x, I believe dervied from the fantom-x) I have been told is not very good in person . My assesment from the video is the contrary. So you see that their are conflicting veiws. And because the views are so diametrically opposed one can't explain them just by personal preference.

Those that had a Va-7/76 state that there is not very much improvement to the G-70, which would be shocking from a consumer stand point. Who would spend the extra money for a small change. This also doesn't speak very highly of roland if ~3-5 years has passed since the VA-7/76 has been released and they haven't been able to make great strides in the yop model arranger/workstation market even with all the advances in technology that have come about in that time period.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has anymore insight into this?

Some say that the discrepancy in sound that various people are hearing is due some individuals listening to the earlier operating system, and others listening through the updated version which sounds considerably better.

Regards;
SCP

#139881 - 02/17/05 02:36 PM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
G-70 no I haven't heard one, but I've seen one and heard the comments from the salesman at the keyboard shop yesterday.

He said it was "nice" but not a patch on Yamaha's. He himself had a Tyros (and WOW - COULD HE PLAY).

I bought the PSR 3000 yesterday as I planned to do...and am now very very very very happy.

Jerry

#139882 - 02/18/05 01:23 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Hi,
The videos were in mono, but the grand sounded very good! Have never heared a such big grand on an arranger before! How many demos has the G70 got?

Audio demos in that site are stereo.
You can download the G-70 internal demos from here: http://www.rolandmusik.de/seiten/produkte/Produkte_2004/G-70/G-70.htm#audiodemos

#139883 - 02/18/05 01:40 AM Re: A question for all Roland G-70 players
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Has anyone on this thread heard the G-70 in person.

I own a G-70.
Quote:
In particular, reference has been made that the sound have been heavily reworked/modified for the performance(video), and do not sound as good on the shipped g-70 product.

This is definitely false. On the contrary, mp3 conversion can cut something out from the original quality.
Quote:
Further, the piano sound ( grand-x, I believe dervied from the fantom-x) I have been told is not very good in person . My assesment from the video is the contrary. So you see that their are conflicting veiws. And because the views are so diametrically opposed one can't explain them just by personal preference.

Yes, Piano sound is derived from Fantom-X.
I think that different opinions about piano sounds are not strange. It depends on what kind of piano sound do you like or need.
Quote:

Those that had a Va-7/76 state that there is not very much improvement to the G-70, which would be shocking from a consumer stand point. Who would spend the extra money for a small change. This also doesn't speak very highly of roland if ~3-5 years has passed since the VA-7/76 has been released and they haven't been able to make great strides in the yop model arranger/workstation market even with all the advances in technology that have come about in that time period.

G-70 has a lot of new features, new sounds, new styles compared to VA-7/76.
If you don't need or like these new features, sounds and styles maybe you can say that it is not worth the extra money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online